Hate

Hate is a strong word

Like if you hate someone you wouldn't even chew it up, spit it out, and piss on it

You'd just piss on it, then it might actually be palatable.

You know when you hate something or someone so much, you do something that you hate doing because you hate that thing so much. That was how Aoyama was for me. He still sort of is, but of less of a hate manner. 

I get more annoyed of him rather than hate him. Although in my time growing up, I hated him, I hated him with my very being. I was just a kid, and I blamed the closest thing I could rather than the actual problem because I could. 

I was still just a kid.

I felt so off. Even at the age of 9, I was already feeling so alone.. Surrounded by adults, training every day, stealing every night. I miss my mom.. I really wish she was here with me. I wish I could just pinch myself and wake up.

Me and my mom talked about dreams at one point, and she said if something seems really scary, like a monster, or if a a situation feels so surreal then its probably a dream.. So if I pinch myself then I'll wake up.. right?

Nothing works.. Pinching my arm, biting my lip or tongue, hitting the wall until my hands start bleeding. Nothing works, I just can't wake up.. 

I lay curled up in my bed, my knees pulled up to my chest. Right before breakfast, the same all the time.. My eyes all red and puffy. I didn't want to get up. I just wanted to lay in bed. I wanted my mom.. 

There were times, on Sunday, when we would go out and buy a crepe for breakfast, and I missed those days.. I miss them so much..!

 I miss my mom.

.

.

.

I was about the leave the palace, but one thing stopped me right at the door, and that was Mr. Aoyama. "Koneko, could I talk to you for a moment?" He asked. I froze for a moment, and kept my eyes to the floor. Feeling my insides tense up, and my breath hitched. 

Mr. Aoyama lit a cigar, "look at me," he said, lifting my face with the hand he was holding his cigar with. I flinched as he touched me, expecting it to hurt. 

"Now, I've noticed.. results. Yes that's the word. Although these aren't good results, and I think you know this. Now, I admit, most consider me a bad person, but I don't want to neglect kids, toss  you to the streets, I have a son myself, and you know that," he laughed, taking a long drag of his cigar. 

I cringed slightly as he spoke. "So, how about you take a break for a bit. Calm down a bit, let your mind rest. Maybe you could use a friend. You probably miss hanging out with your old buddy Yuuga!" He chuckled. 

I just shrugged in response. "So, here's your new job. As you may know, theres not a lot of kids around these parts, and I'm rather busy.. So I've set up a playdate, for the two of you. You know the way?" 

I sighed out and nodded. 

He grinned, taking another drag of his cigar, and puffed it out as he said. "Great!" I had to stop myself from scrunching up my nose. 

.

.

.

I stared at the gold encrusted marble door. Feeling too awkward to knock on it. I slowly lifted a hand. I sighed out as I gently knocked on the door. I heard someone shuffling around as a maid quietly opened the door. "Oh! Hello, the master said that someone would be coming over," she stated, her voice soft. 

Although to me she looked a bit off, and her French was slightly wrong. Maybe she wasn't native here? I shrugged the thought off, as I looked up at her and nodded. 

"Alright, well then I will take my leave," she chirped, as she gave me a slight wink. I stared at her blankly as she left, to be honest, rather intrigued. 

I felt like I was supposed to pick up on something. 

I then turned my attention to the blonde little ball of sunshine, although the thing was, that I preferred the rain. 

"Neko-chan!" Yuuga cried out, as he ran towards me, going to wrap his arms around me, but I dodged out of the way, scowling slightly at him as he stumbled forwards, catching himself off the door. 

It was around this time that my hatred for the insufferable brat grew. 

He just lived so comfortably. He had a warm bed, he could look out and see the stars, he didn't have to fight to survive. He pouted a bit as he recovered, but then perked up as he rushed over towards me. "Neko-chan! Don't you want to hug me?" He asked, pouting.

 I shook my head no. 

He sighed out, "do you want to play?" He asked, I shrugged, and he grabbed me by the wrist and led me over to a spot in the corner of his room. As we walked I noticed a small table in opposite corner of the room with a plate that was only halfway eaten and I scowled a bit at that. 

He sat down onto the floor and pulled out some dolls, handing me one. I analyzed it and it looked like a hero. Wearing a skin tight suit, with red white, and blue, with sort of bunny like ears and very muscular. 

I'm not a hero. At this point I am a horrible evil villain. I stared down at the doll, well more scowled. 

"What's wrong?" He asked, his voice was so annoying.

I just shrugged. 

"Do you not know how to play heroes?" He asked, he seemed flabbergasted. I shrugged. 

He started rambling about something, that I wasn't paying attention to, but as he was talking I froze momentarily as I heard a ringing sound. He perked up and rushed over to a cell phone sitting on the bed, and answered the call.

"Momma!" 

At that I felt the bile rise up my in my throat as I clenched my teeth, my heart welling with pain. 

I set the doll down and quietly left the room, finding myself hollow and alone in the gold plated hallway. I heard him rambling on. "Right now I'm with my friend." He paused for a moment. "Neko-chan! Where did you go?" He whined out. I heard a soft beep. 

Then I heard the gentle click of the doorknob as the door opened. "Neko-chan! Why are you leaving??" He cried out.

I froze in my steps, and took a deep breath. "Just shut up! Okay! I am not your friend! Okay!" I turned around to face him. "I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! You are a spoiled rich brat! And I just want you to shut up for a moment!" 

Yuuga froze for a moment, and I whipped back around before he could notice me crying. 

-----------Upcoming------------

"A hero? But you can't be! You're not able to do it! You'll die!"

"I don't see your point."