Announcements and Apologies

It's done... It's officially finished. Oh my goodness.

To all the readers who have made it to the end, congratulations for reading probably one of the longest single story Gintama fanfictions on Wattpad. The actual Gintama show itself rarely has arcs of two episodes or more, and yet here I am with a 24 chapter fanfic where most chapters have at least 2,000 words each... Anyway, it's been a long journey since I started this story on New Year's of 2016, but it's finally time to switch the status of this story to "Completed".

To anyone who has read this whole story and is actually taking the time to read this, I would like to apologize for the subpar writing and the many jokes I made in bad taste. While I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to read my story, I think the published story as it is right now has so so so many issues. I want to stress that I am not trying to completely separate my current self from the past self who wrote this story by giving the excuse, "I was young and dumb, but I'm a totally different person now." After all, I literally just published the finale in July 2020. However, I have since realized that many of my jokes in the later chapters, especially the ones about sexuality and BDSM, were made in extremely poor taste, and I'd like to own up to the bad writing choices I made in this story. As I am not formally within those communities and, therefore, do not completely understand how it is to be a part of them, I really should not have poked fun at them or taken them so lightly. I sincerely apologize to anyone who might have been hurt by my ill representation.

Because of the trash writing and trash humor within the currently published version of the story, I am rewriting the entire story of After New Year's and making a lot of changes. I plan to start uploading the revamped story once I've written the whole thinf, and I hope that it is much better than whatever the hell this is.

I had also published a few chapters in this story as a Valentine's Day Special, but I have since deleted those parts from this story and republished it as a separate story. I rewrote/revamped it, and the one that is currently published is very different from the original. For those who read the original, I hope it's much better and more enjoyable. For those who have not read the original story when it was a special for this one, please enjoy the new story without the tainted memory of the first.

Thank you once again for sticking around, and I hope to see you guys again soon... eventually... at some point.

- SilverSoul