Be A King They Said

Alpheus looked up in distress as Honey proceeded to fix the last bits of his gown. Today was his coronation so he had to look perfect. 

 Do you… Think Anis will attend the coronation? " He asked after dropping back down on his chair. 

Honey looked up with an uncertain expression, yet gave him a soft smile. 

" I'm not sure if she'll be there directly tho.. I'm certain she'll be watching from some distance… After all she'll make sure nothing is going to happen to you." 

Although the answer was certainly better than a plain no, it somehow made him even sadder than just that. 

" mh… Be a king they said, it will be better than being a bishop almost staving every day they said.. I'd rather starve to near death each day a new than being apart from her.. Oh bugger" he kept muttering while brushing through his brown greyish hair. 

"oh Al.. Give it time… You know how much she loves you, once everything calmed down she'll come back…" Honey tried giving him some comfort tho she knew nothing would cheer him up. Not today. Today was the day his life would be over, starting a new as king of england. 

But just as that she knew it wasn't a path he chose, nothing he'd taken by free will. 

" same goes to you tho.. Wait til things calm down… see it as new chance to help even more people and make a significant difference…" She fixed the ribbons on his shoulders than skipped back. 

"anyway we should get going now, it's time.." 

Both headed downstairs followed by guards til they reached the golden carriage. 

Honey said her goodbyes and proceeded to prepare some more gowns while Alpheus was driven to the occasion. 

Soon he'd be king. 

The closer they came the more grew his anger. He felt upset and irritated with everyone and everything. His life wasn't supposed to go this way, he was supposed to be a bishop, helping his people and be with Anis. 

Not be on the way to his coronation. 

But as his mind started to go insane the door opened and he was helped out. 

The huge crimson coat weighted down heavy on his shoulders, but he almost didn't feel it. Nothing felt real, not the cheering crowd, not the guards who dragged him down the hallway, nothing. 

He didn't even see proper, everything seemed blurred. 

Although his eyes kept searching desperately for dark reddish hair, a hint, even the slightest she'd accompany him. 

Everything went by in a rush minutes feelings like seconds, while on the other hand everything went by painfully slow. 

He wasn't even sure anymore for how long he had been sitting in the thrown, not listening abit to speeches. 

An irony to think he had to give those speeches not soon before. But now he wasn't part of the church anymore. 

At least not like he used to be. 

He'd never be a bishop again. 

The men stopped talking so he stood up, his coat being removed. 

The coronation proceeded, the crown put on his head, he swore his ought, kissed the book and so on. 

If he wouldn't have been taught the procedure he would failed completely due to his lack of concentration. He almost failed to say "So I do" 

Everything went by somehow tho and he was to walk down the hallway again, the heavy crown on his head, the coat hanging down his shoulders. 

How did women manage to walk in skirts? He almost dripped over his coat already, tho the front wasn't sewn together, Infact it was just framing him. 

Some walked up to him, congratulating him, honoring him and whatsoever. 

He forced a smile, was polite as always, but his eyes remained dead. 

The moment he put his sign in the huge heavy book was the moment he lost his soul. Or so it felt. 

Did she feel the same way as she actually sold her soul? 

Everything kept spinning tho he just stood there. Still. 

Yanma and John walked up to him, better known as the king of Prussia and the king of France. Or as Satan and circle leader. 

Part of him felt scared, scared he too was now part of their gamble. How long would it take til they attack England? 

Or til he had to pick sides?

Maybe the thought of it gave him some relief, knowing everything would be over soon. 

No, that's not what he wanted. 

He didn't crave suicide or a soon death, he craved her, building a family with her, spending the noon in his garden, playing card games with the nuns and so on. 

It wasn't within his reach anymore, which is why he was in such immense pain. 

But he'd make an effort so it would be again. 

As he looked into Satan's eyes he made the promise to himself to do whatever it takes to reach it. 

Even if it meant waiting for now. 

"So dear Alpheus… welcome to our little world of the elite" Satan side with a normal smile and bowed his head ever so slightly. 

Yanam just grinned, showing off his sharp teeth. "indeed indeed… Lets see how long he makes it…" 

He kept chatting here and there with people, hours passed by and finally everything was calm. 

Alpheus was sitting in the grand living room on the sofa, starring up to the chandelier. 

"your royal highness" honey peeked through the door with a soft smiled and proceed to step in as he looked at her. 

"well how does being the king feel like?" 

"... Soulless" he sighed and brushed through his hair.

Honey sat down next to him and give him a pat. "you'll get used to it… Also-" 

Before she was able to continue Alpheus sat up a little and stared at her closely. 

"you were with Anis… I smell her parfum on you" he'd always recognize it's smell. 

"that's what I just wanted to say in fact… She asked me to look after you and.. Hand you this.." she handed him the box she had rested on her lap. 

Alpheus opened it in a hurry, to no surprise he found a small cake in it, a beautiful one with lots of decorations and detail. 

 It's.. Pretty.." he mumbled and didn't even had to try it to tell that it was his favourite flavour. 

A tear dropped down his cheek, somehow the overwhelming feelings suddenly hit in.

He was king.