Friendships

September 4th started off really gloomy and It wasn't just the weather. Rosalinda was mentally prepared for the day until she found her mom crying on her bedroom floor. Hannah woke up a few minutes late and realized her parents were still not home and no missed calls. Maia was feeling anxious for the day still being the new girl and all and well Janae and Nathaniel always seemed confident but they had hidden battles as well. Alex had waken up super early that day to clean up her moms mess and finish his paper for Mr.Johnson's class. Today was the day a lot was about to change and they had no idea what wave was coming towards them.

"Okay class I know we have a few minutes left but I went over your papers and well get excited" he does a drum roll on his wooden desk "I found your perfect partners for your incoming research paper and presentation". The students groan and complain "look I know it's just the second day but this is gonna be a good year and it's your last year as well" he smiles like a kid. Mr.Johnson was a good teacher and a good person he cared about his students and knew they liked him. "I wrote down the names on this paper go ahead take a picture or look at It and starting next week you'll work with your partners" the bell rings and the students walk up to the paper.
The paper:
Rosalinda and Ryan
Hannah and Nathaniel
Maia and Janae
Alex and Lizzie etc.
Janae was concerned why he put her with the new girl she looked over at lizzie "ugh well I have to be with the freak number 2" they laugh and Rosalinda looks over at them and rolls her eyes. "Hey professor who's Ryan?" Rosalinda asks Mr.Johnson, "Ryan is the midnight ruby haired boy with freckles" he was one of the kids who hung out around Nathaniel and Janae, Rosalinda was muddled "I am sorry professor but why would you put me with him?" She stares deep into his eyes "I mean what do me and that freckled boy even have in common?" She was starting to feel embarrassed and Mr.Johnson looks back at her and says "Roslin no one else complained please just accept who you got as a partner if it goes bad than maybe I'll make some changes" he glances at her and smiles "but no promises okay? Now get to class" she rolled her eyes and walked away.

Lunch time was here and Hannah was sitting all alone behind the bleachers her usual spot. She kept trying to contact her parents but still no answer she was staring to get super worried but the weed calm down her nerves. She hears voices and hides her blunt behind her lower back, It was Alex, Maia and Rosalinda she was surprised and kind of bothered she was liking being on her own like always. "Hey mind if we join you?" Alex says along with a bright smile that you couldn't really say no. "No.. I don't mind" Hannah says and she takes out her blunt from hiding, "mind if I take a hit?" Rosalinda asks "no not at all" Hannah was surprised but she was starting to feel comfortable. "So um how did this little trio happen?" Hannah says while putting her blunt in between her rosy pink lips. "I was coming out of the bathroom when Alex came up to me and asked me to each lunch with him and well I said yes of course" Maia speaks in such a soft beautiful tone, she had a smile that made others feel warm and happy. "Than that's when I asked Rosalinda of course because I think she's so cool" Maia grabs her arm and smiles at her. Rosalinda lets out the smoke and coughs a little "You think I am cool you should see my friends back home now they're some bad asses" they laugh and just enjoy each other's company, they didn't know each other and they were complete strangers but they felt safe around each other and It was the beginning of a friendship.

We were now in the elite side of the table the cool kids you can say everyone wanted to be them or with them. "So Ryan who did you get for your English partner?" Lizzie asks him as Janae makes eye contact with him in a very mysterious way. "I got the new chick" he says plainly "um the Christian or the ugly one?" Janae says and everyone laughs along with her Ryan rolls his eyes, "The one with short hair and carries a Nirvana bracelet" which was Rosalinda "ew" Lizzie says looking at Nathaniel which he seemed distracted "hey Nate can you come with me to get more ketchup?" Nathaniel looks up at her and agrees to go with her. They stand side by side trying to be discrete "what is wrong you haven't texted me back" Lizzie says with a furious but calm tone, Nathaniel rolls his eyes thinking "not this shit again" he sighs and decides to walk back to the table. Janae views them from afar and notices the odd behavior.