Chapter One : What is That Green Stuff?

Ive never set foot outside of this house before that day. I wasnt even able to look out the window. Maybe if I have none of this would have happened. But, if im going to tell you what happened I am going to have to start at the very beginning as any good storyteller do.
"good morning love" my said as she kissed me on my forehead and she put the plate on the table. Pills. That what was on the plate. I thought for a real long time about  what the food taste like that i see on the television. I asked my mom about it before but she says its just made up stuff. I left it alone.
I sighed.
"what is wrong honey?" my mom asked looking worried.
"how come we always have to eat pills and what is the point of a plate i can just eat them with the hand?" i replied in a very irritated tune
"zaria you know the man in charge says we have to use the plate!"
"but who is the man in charge!?" i ate the pills.
"i dont know but i have to go to work bye" she said as she left the door and locked it. I wish i could go out there with her.I wonder do it look what the television shows it as. I let out another sigh and sat down on the couch. I got on my apple 20 and scrolled on facebook. I stopped when something caught my attention. It was a picture  of a young lady; maybe a year or two older then me. She was standing in a patch of something green and there was something blue  and white on the top of the picture. The caption of the picture  was "i miss going outside now its too dangerous with covid-21." i went to look at the comments. Someone had said "omg i remember when there was a covid-19 and a iphone11." I took a screenshot  of the picture and the comment and sent it to my mom.
I said "mom what are they talking about? And what is that green stuff "
-----------------------------------------------------------
AN:
Word Count : 362
hey you guys! So what did you think of chapter one? What do you think will happen in chapter two? What will zarias mom say to her text?