Muddy, Part 3

📎
They're gone? Dragonfly felt overwhelmed. Her little brother was gone? She felt her breathing faster than ever.
"Are you okay? How are you feeling?" Newt's mother asked. No. No, she was not okay. Not okay at all. Dragonfly shock her head. "Where are they? Who took them?" She asked anxiously. "We don't know. " One of the stranger mudwings said. She looked at the big mudwing with tearful eyes. "You don't know?" Dragonfly said. "You don't know?" She repeated.
"We never saw who it was!" Newt's mother cried out. "And we regret it so much! So much! That we didn't check on them sooner-" Her voice broke out in sobs. Newt's father lay a wing around Newt's mother. "All we saw was a big black silhouette flying out of our home!" Newt's mother said. Her voice was unstable and was at the edge of breaking.
"I can't stay here. I have to go." Dragonfly said.  She spread her wings wide and took flight.
The sky had gone dark by now. Stars were shining bright. But Dragonfly couldn't admire them. She had to get home. Home, to tell her family what had happened. Dragonfly flied as fast as her wings would carry her.
She found herself wondering how fast a skywing could fly.
Finally, she could see the little hut. She landed with a crash and rolled into the outside wall of the hut. The door was opened by her mother looking confused.
"Dragonfly!" Her mother barked. "What are you doing!?"
"Mother! Mother! Marron was taken! Marron is gone!" Dragonfly panted.
"Gone? What do you mean by gone?" Her mother asked still angry.
"At Newt's. Someone took them. A big black silhouette." Dragonfly said.
"What are you saying- they were taken by somebody? Just now?"
"Yes!"
Dragonfly's mother said no more. She ran back into the house. She came back seconds later with a big fish in her talons.
"Mother you can't go all by your own!" Dragonfly protested.
"Well do I have a choice, Dragonfly?" Her mother spat. "You have to take care of Lucky and Shiny while I'm gone."
"But-"
"No 'but'. I'll see you soon." And she took of.

~~~

Dragonfly woke Lucky and Shiny early the next morning.
"Get up. We are going to hunt." Shiny moaned.
"Hunt? In the morning? I don't think so." Shiny said.
"Yes you are! Now get up!" Dragonfly said. "Mother, father, Gloria and Marron are all gone!" Dragonfly blurted out.
"What? Gone? What do you mean?" Lucky asked.
"Father is in the SkyWing Kingdom, Gloria's whereabouts are unknown, Marron is literally gone, and mother is out looking for him."
"What! Really?" Shiny said. "So it's just us?" 
"Yes really, now get UP!" Dragonfly barked.

Their mother had left them five big fishes and one pig to eat.
"Why are we going hunting? See, we have lot's of food left!" Shiny pointed out.
"Because we are going to need more than that." Dragonfly replied.
"Yes, but not for now! We can hunt that later, much later!" Shiny said.
"No we need to hunt that now because we're going after them! Yes, that's right after mother!" Dragonfly said.
"Hey Dragonfly, I know you are the oldest now and our guardian for now, but is going after mother really the best idea?" Lucky asked.
"Yeah, Lucky is right. We should stay home and wait for them to come back." Shiny agreed.
"Maybe, but I can't stand the feeling of sitting down and doing nothing! Our little brother is out there somewhere, alone and scared! Maybe he's gone forever! And I don't want to be the one that did absolutely nothing to try and save him. At least, I want to try to save him, even if it's to late I want to try. " Dragonfly cried. She could feel tears burning behind her eyelids. Lucky and Shiny sat quiet. "So I'm going after him. You come or you don't. Its your choice. " Dragonfly said.
And she went out the door.
The morning was cold in the MudWing Kingdom. She went for Hunter's Forest. The best preys were always to find there.
"Dragonfly wait!" Lucky and Shiny stood outside of there little hut. "We'll come with you." Dragonfly gave them a smile.

~~~

After hours spent in Hunter's Forest they had managed to caught eleven bunnies, two pigs, five fish and one massive moose. How Lucky managed to kill a moose Dragonfly didn't know. But she was happy for their encouragement.
"But what about school?" Shiny asked.
"Well, we'll have to skip it." Dragonfly answered.
"Huh. That's good, no Duchess then." Lucky said. Shiny gave her a glance.
"When are we leaving?" Shiny asked.
"As soon as possible." Dragonfly answered.
"Wouldn't it be smart if we just stopped by the school to get some useful scrolls?" Lucky asked. Shiny rolled her eyes. "I mean scrolls like maps and facts and such."
"Sounds smart." Dragonfly said. "Let's leave the food at the hut."