Road Trip

Spencer awoke the next morning to sun streaming through the window and the smell of bacon cooking. His head was pounding and he regretted opening his eyes the moment he did so.

After a few minutes he gathered enough strength to sit up and look around. JJ was no longer on the couch and her skirt wasn't on the floor where it had been when they fell asleep. Rossi was also gone.

Hotch was still sleeping on the floor however. He was naked and laying on his stomach, which put his ass on full display. That was not exactly something Spencer wanted to see, so he flung the blanket he'd been using over him and stumbled off to find the others.

"Morning sleeping beauty," Rossi said. He was standing at the stove, cooking up breakfast while JJ sat across from him at the counter. They were both now fully clothed.

"Hey Spence, sleep good?" She asked.

"I don't know. My head's killing me," he groaned.

"Want an Advil?" Rossi asked.

"No, I'll be okay." Spencer sat down next to JJ, letting his head rest on the counter. The cool marble was soothing to the pounding in his head.

"Why is Hotch naked?" Spencer asked after a minute.

"You don't remember? We played strip poker last night," JJ said, patting him on the back. "I knew you were drunk but I didn't know you were that drunk."

"Oh yeah, I remember now."

"You hungry? I made breakfast," Rossi said, scooping some eggs and bacon onto a plate for him.

Spencer hadn't noticed how hungry he was until the plate was in front of him. His stomach was growling so loudly he was sure Hotch could hear it from the other room.

"Thanks," he mumbled, digging in.

Hotch stumbled into the room a few moments later, the blanket wrapped around his hips. He dragged himself onto the barstool next to Spencer, groaning loudly. If Spencer thought he felt shitty, Hotch was worse.

"Nice of you to join us Aaron," Rossi said, sliding a plate of breakfast in front of him.

"Advil," Hotch grunted, not looking up.

"Your wish is my command." Rossi handed him a glass of water and a pill, then sat down next to him, rubbing his back gently.

"I'm getting old Dave," Hotch said, after he'd taken the pill. "I can't drink as much as I used too."

"You and me both Aaron." Dave smiled at him.

"Hey Spence, you should drive up with me and Henry," JJ said, once they were done with breakfast. "I could use some company."

"Yeah okay," Spencer said. "That will give me more time to hang out with my favorite godson."

"Hello little man," JJ said, leaning over the crib. They had just gotten to her house and relieved the babysitter.

"Mama!" Henry cooed, reaching up towards her. She picked him up, holding him close to her chest and kissing his cheek.

"Look who's here baby," JJ said, angling Henry so he could see Spencer.

"Spencer!" Henry cried, though his garbled baby language made it sound more like "benser".

"Hi Henry," Spencer said. "You ready to take a trip with Mommy and Uncle Spencer?"

"Yeah!" The little boy said.

"Alright, let's get you changed," JJ said.

They were on the road by ten. They planned it that way so that the group from Atlantic City could leave as late as possible and still get there at the same time as the group traveling all the way from Quantico. After the night of partying they had, they were going to need as much sleep as they could get.