7 - Bloodletting

Book: Marshall Twins
Chapter 7
Word Count: 4271

Avery woke up in the trunk of a car with her wrists and ankles bound, and tape over her mouth as the car drives down the country roads of Louisiana. She tried to kick open the back window to escape as best as she could, struggling, but the driver stopped the car and got out to check the trunk. When the driver opened it, he tried to grab her, but Avery fought back by kicking at him. It didn't do much from her ankles being bound. The driver ripped the tape off of Avery's mouth.

She was about to scream at her kidnapper, but Avery then saw who the driver was.

"Ty!?"

It was Tyler Lockwood.

"You don't wanna fight me, Ave. You know you can't beat a hybrid." Tyler smirked.

If her ankles and wrists weren't bound, Avery would've immediately ran for it. Tyler would've probably caught her easily, though.

"Ahh!! Let me go, you back-stabbing, piece of sh--" Avery struggled more.

"Shut up!" Tyler snapped. He pulled Avery out of the trunk and threw her over his shoulder as she continued to struggle. As Tyler walked down the road, his hybrid face came out as he angrily dragged Avery into the Bayou.

---

Tyler had brought Avery to some encampments in the Bayou, and dropped her on the front step of the little shack.

"What is this place?" Avery questioned.

"The armpit of Louisiana." Tyler responded, pulling a knife out of his pocket, which made Avery instantly worried.

"What are you gonna do with that?" She wondered.

"Depends on you."

Tyler cut the bounds on her ankles.

"Hey! You attacked me, remember!? Ambushed me in my own backyard." Avery pointed out.

"It's not your backyard, it's Klaus'. You're shacked up in that mansion with that psycho. A long way from the girl I met in the Appalachians, helping other werewolves." Tyler said.

"Tyler, I'm sorry. But a lot has happened since the last time I saw you." Avery muttered.

"You mean like how you're pregnant? Two hybrid babies? Yeah, I know all about it. I've been roaming around the Bayou, asking questions. Let me tell you what I've learned!" Tyler exclaimed. He pulled down Avery's sleeve of her jumper so he could see the crescent moon birthmark on her shoulder. "This crescent birthmirk means you and Hayley come from a big-shot family. Some kind of royalty to the werewolves of this region. And right here... this is all that's left of them." Tyler finished.

They both looked around, and saw more shacks and tents made of blankets, Avery spotted a blonde woman standing nearby.

"Hey!" Avery yelled desperately. The woman ran off, startled. "Help me!"

"They can't help you!" Tyler told the pregnant wolf. "They're in the woods, hiding, because they were persecuted for decades by vampires."

A male werewolf then appeared.

"Is that her?" The male werewolf asked. Tyler nodded.

"Yeah, Dwayne. Get her inside." Tyler instructed. Avery grew scared.

"Ty? Tyler!" Avery shrieked desperately as the male werewolf, Dwayne, grabbed her wrist and dragged her inside.

---

Avery was alone in the shack, zip-tied to a fire stove, when Tyler walked in and joined her.

"Tyler, there has been a wolf watching me lately. Protecting me, like it instinctively knows that I'm part of its pack... you're a hybrid, you can turn into a wolf whenever you want... was it you?" Avery questioned.