Skipping a step

Skipping A Step

The night was coming to an end, the cold Seattle breeze taking over, the stars shining brightly

The night was coming to an end, the cold Seattle breeze taking over, the stars shining brightly. It was getting colder and colder every night. Camila loves the cold. The nights tucked up in bed, looking out at the stars, it was like the OR it made her feel at peace.

The rest of the day, Camila's mind started to weigh the pros and cons up. It was something she always did when faced with a decision that panicked her. As she was charting away, she could hear him talk with patients. His voice calm and polite, his light chuckle, it sent chills down her spine. He was a charming person to others.

Pro: He's caring, polite and calm.
Con: He's charming to others.

Finishing off her chart and giving it to nurse, she felt a pair of hands lightly touch her waist, spinning to face her. His piercing green eyes locked with hers. "Were you listening to me?" He smiled down at her.

Pro: Very attractive smile.

Biting the corner of her lips to hide a small grin, she shook her head, lying obviously. Stepping around him, he could smell the light lavender perfume she always wore. "You lair" He smirked, grabbing her hand before she could get away. Smiling at his touch, she gently pulled her hand away before walking towards the elevator. "Night Dr Avery" She softly smiled entering the elevator.

When she says his name, his body lights up with electricity. They had made progress. And maybe just maybe he was chipping away at her wall.

Ignoring the butterflies in her stomach, she felt in that moment that it was okay to let someone in. It wouldn't hurt to try. Walking towards the residents lounge and changing quickly, she remembered she can't stay at home because Mark has kicked her out. Admitting defeat, she knew she had to ask Derek.

Still angry at how Mark could just kick her out because he wanted to have loud sex all the time, she was too distracted to notice Derek stood in the hallway.

He watched as she took a deep breathe. He knew she wasn't one to ask for help, and when she did it was only when she was desperate. But Derek being Derek would have her live with him in a heartbeat.

She stood up and walked over to him. Eyes full of hope, Derek smiled. And she knew that smile from a mile. "He told you didn't he?" She sighed. Mark and Derek told each other anything and everything when it came to Camila. I mean they grew up looking after her or being there for her. It was their duty after all.

He nodded his head before wrapping an arm around her shoulder as the walked down the hallway. "You know he didn't mean anything he said. He loves you but we both know he thinks more with his penis than his brain" Derek chuckled making her let out a giggle.