Chapter 6 - Is that too much to ask?

Sara's (P.O.V)

After finally confronting my past I expected to wake up to the beautiful face of Ava and spend the day in peace. Unfortunately I woke up to an empty bed and a stinging pain in my arm. I sat up to inspect the problem and realised that in my hurry to put the past few days behind me I left the injury caused by the futuristic whip to fester. Just as I was about to head to the med bay, Ava walked back in, first aid kit in hand. 'Sara, I thought you'd be asleep longer after yesterday.' She sat down beside me and placed the equipment on the bed. 'I guess I just missed you. That or the gash on my arm woke me.' In response she smiled warmly then grabbed the kit and waggled it in my face.

Without another word I let her clean and bandage the wound. 'Are you alright, you're never usually this quiet? Usually there's at least one innuendo.' Ava looked concerned. 'I'm fine, just a little drained I suppose.' She searched my eyes to make sure I was telling the truth; satisfied that I was, she packed away the medical equipment and stood up. 'I was thinking we could grab breakfast then spend a lazy day either in here or maybe in the library. If the others get too loud we can kick them out to deal with some low level anachronism.' My girlfriend may not be the best with feelings but she definitely knew me well, well enough to show me how much she cares. 'I love you so much.' Taking that as an affirmative we headed to the galley to grab some food. 

'I'm glad to see you are well captain.' Gideon's voice spoke from above us. 'Thank you Gideon, but don't pretend you weren't keeping watch all night.' I replied smirking and taking comfort in the normalcy of the situation. 'Guilty captain.' I laughed lowly as we entered the room. It was empty save for Amaya who said her good mornings as we sat down to eat. As she finished she placed her bowl in the dishwasher and began to leave. She stopped briefly and placed a hand on my shoulder. 'I'll keep the boys occupied today.' 

'Thank you.'

Ava and I had just settled down on the couch of the library with books in hand when Gideon called. 'Captain we have an emergency.' I sighed heavily, I hadn't even opened my book. 'Just one day of peace is that too much to ask?' I spoke rhetorically and Ava gave me an apologetic look as we headed towards the bridge. 'Give me the details.'

Gideon began relaying them to the rest of the team and I as we reached the bridge. A possible totem bearer in 2034. I was certainly not in the right frame of mind for someone whose life we saved to be so mouthy. Zari, wielder of the air totem, had a fair amount of attitude so I left her with Amaya and Nate to get settled. With that aberration dealt with I thought I could finally settle down. 'I wouldn't sit down quite yet captain. I'm afraid that your timeline is in danger once more. It seems we have a situation much like our encounter with the Pilgrim.' At that I actually face palmed in frustration. 'When am I in trouble now?' 

'Some time into your stint at the league of assassins. While on a mission with Nyssa Al Ghul you were fatally shot by an arrow.' 

'Of course it was arrows the first time so why not this time as well. All right call the others. It looks like we're saving younger me again, but this time we kidnap her until we can figure out who wants me dead.' I laid out the plan as the others came back. 'Is that wise, interacting with your younger self is bad but kidnapping her.' 

'It worked the first time; removing her from the timeline means the only version of me that this person can kill is the one right in front of you. We can wipe her memory after.' Ava nodded and accepted the plan. 'I hear you got pilgrimed again cap.' Ray made his presence known while Zari just seemed confused. 'What kind of pilgrims do you know?' She asked. 'Time jumping assassin ones, but she died.' Ray provided. 'So who wants to off you?' Mick put in ever so delicately. 'Honestly it could be a lot of people given my past.'

'So are you some kind of criminal, I thought you guys were supposed to be heroes.' 

'I'm the criminal, she's an assassin.' Mick grunted, eliciting a look of pure shock. 'Reformed assassin, but it could be the family of someone I killed in the league or an enemy made as a legend.'

'So are we kidnapping you then?' Ray asked.

'Yep.'