27 - burned alive

☆ ✱ ☆

{LAST CHAPTER FOR SEASON 1}
{NEXT CHAPTER: INTRODUCING SEASON 2}

As I drifted, I dreamed. Where I floated, under darkness, I heard the happiest sound my mind could conjure up — as beautiful, as uplifting, as it was ghastly. Then I heard shouting. Someone was calling my name.

I was brought back, almost to the surface, by a sharp pain throbbing on my neck, but I couldn't find my way back far enough to open my eyes. There was a point of pressure against my throat. Then...other pains came, stronger pains through my whole body as if poison was traveling it's way throughout my veins. I cried out, gasping, breaking through the dark pool of my own blood.

"ADALINE!" I heard someone cry out. The voice was familiar. It was Stiles.

Then it felt as if I was being burned alive.

THIRD PERSON

Stiles was by Adaline's limp body as he desperately pled to Peter, who hovered over her.

Klaus seemed satisfied with himself, cleaning his mouth with his jacket, "You're going to have to kill her in order for the transition to complete. A pleasure to be doing business with you." And with that, he made his way out of the field.

Stiles frantically shook his head at Peter, "Don't kill her...please...I beg you," As he desperately fought back tears, his voice shaking and body shaking uncontrollably. He wasn't sure who or what the unknown man was or why he hurt Adaline.

Peter smiled at Stiles, dark blood stained all over his mouth and teeth, "Of course not. Just tell me how to find Derek."

That was his plan. To hurt both Lydia and Adaline in order to get answers from Stiles. But the only girl Stiles had his eye on was on her. Adaline, who's pale body shook in excruciating pain. The venom was quickly making its way to her system, but without the result of her death, the transition wouldn't be complete.

Stiles stammered in confusion at Peter, not knowing the answer, "What?!"

Peter turned back at Adaline's throbbing body sprawled on the grass and began to press his sharp nails against her neck, preparing to slash open her throat.

Stiles' breath quickened, tears glassing his eyes. "I don't know that!" He whimpered. "How would I know that?!" He shouted as his eyes were still fixated on her. He could tell she was suffering unbearable pain.

"Stiles." Adaline tried to tell him, but her voice was so heavy and slow. She couldn't understand herself.

His eyes widened, wanting to grab onto her, "You're going to be fine. Can you hear me?!" His voice began to tremble even harsher.

"You would know it because you're the clever one, aren't you?" Peter spoke calmly, his nails gently digging into her throat, where it was already bitten.

"Stiles," She tried again, choking on her own blood. Blood began to spread through her hair with alarming speed. She could feel it soaking on her dress, hear it dripping on the grass from her neck. The smell of it twisted her stomach.

"Tell me the truth," Peter whispered carefully. "Or I will slash her throat open." He threatened.

Stiles panted uncontrollably, "Look—look, I don't know, okay?! I swear to god, I have no idea."

Peter roared his lungs out in fury, "TELL ME!" He shouted at his face, Stiles cowering in fear, as he held onto Adaline's shoulder.

In Adaline's mind, she longed-for Stiles' comfort but there was another noise — an awful tumult that her mind shied away from. A vicious bass growling.