Chapter 23

Hey guys~
This chapter is dedicated to @rosieloops and @Lexcinyxdenino. They were the ones to first vote and comment in the previous chapter!
Enjoy the chapter guys!~
——————————————————————————

Later when she calmed down, Rosé cooked dinner for them and took his dinner to their room. She placed a tray table in front of him over his legs, and placed his dinner on it.

"I'm not hungry" he said coldly. Rosé frowned.

"At least eat a little bit, you have to take your medicines after dinner" Rosé said gently.

"Which part of 'I'm not hungry' do you not understand?" He gritted out.

"Stop acting like a kid Mark" she said frowning. He sighed. He was tired and didn't want to argue with her anymore. He tried to eat but his hand was giving him trouble. Rosé sighed and sat beside the bed on the chair beside him. She took the spoon and chopsticks from him. She took a spoonful of rice.

"Open your mouth" she said looking at him.

"What are-" Rosé cut him off by putting the spoonful of rice in his mouth.

"Just sit quietly and eat" she said feeding him. Mark was getting confused and irritated by her change of behaviour. He stared at her intently making her nervous.

The heavenly taste of her cooking calmed him. By now he was sure that it was her who cooked him food when he was in the hospital. He always waited eagerly for his meals at the hospital, he never knew the reason why, but now he knew.

She wiped his mouth with a tissue paper after his dinner. She gave him his medicines. Before she could move away, Mark held her wrist making her nervous. Tingles passed through each other's body at the contact.

"It was you, wasn't it?" He asked.

"Huh?" Rosé turned around confused.

"It was you, who cooked me food when I was in the hospital right?" He asked staring right into her eyes with an emotionless face.

"What?! No-"

"Don't lie Rosé" he said. And there it was again, that pinching pain in her heart whenever she heard him call her, by her name with no warmth.

You deserve this! Her inner voice said.

"So what if it was me who cooked you food?" She asked back.

"Why did you do that? Cause if I remember correctly, you hated me the last time I checked. You should be happy that I'm in this state. Maybe you are, aren't you? Why are you acting like you care for me when you clearly don't?! Why Rosé?!" He raises his voice. She flinched.

"Answer me!" He gritted out.

"B-because I don't want others to think that I'm a shitty wife. I don't want to disappoint our parents. And you're right! I'm actually happy that you are in this state! And knowing it was because of me makes me even more happy! Because I hate you!" She yelled as tears dropped from her eyes.

No! It's not true! I don't hate you! I never did! I care for you! A lot! And it breaks me to see you in this condition knowing that I'm the reason behind it! I'm so sorry! She cried inside. She wanted to say it out loud but something stopped her. Fear!

Her words shattered Mark. He felt numb. But what broke him even more were her tears. He hated himself for making her cry. He pulled her forward with his left hand, making her sit beside on the bed. He wiped her tears.

"Shh.. please don't cry"

I can't believe this man! Even when I'm hurting him, he is still caring for me?! He is crazy!!! Rosé thought.