Chapter II

The elevator opened. The woman stopped as she step out from the lift.
"Excuse me,sir. Where can I find the office of Mr. Harry Fabrella?"
Scott looked at me before he answered.
"Why?" He answered but it's just a question again.
"I'm from Three Kings Orphanage. We have something to discuss with him."
I turned my head towards them. My forehead creased as I looked at her.
"By any chance, you are Mr. Harry Fabrella, aren't you?"
The woman is looking at me now. I walked near to them.
"Yeah,what about it? "
We went to my office.
"Sir,I am the assigned counselor to you since your late father signed up an adoption for you. We just need your cooperation and your signature. "
"What?" Scott exclaimed from what we heard from this woman.
"Wait,are you telling us,Fabrella will be taking care of a child from now on?"
"Yeah, your father signed up an adoption five months ago before he died. Since he was not here anymore,it automatically transferred to his son which is you,Mr. Fabrella."
"What?"I gasped. I feel my room became hot. Is she serious?
" can I see some cards that proves us you are not scheming anything.?" I said. She was shocked when I said that. She immediately got her ID and showed it to us.
"Here,I'm Suri Chavez. I'm a counselor and assistant to the General superior of the orphanage."
Yes it is. She is really working in that orphanage.
We heard a knock on the door. Then my secretary, Mr. Wilson entered.
"Sir the meeting is about to start."
"Okay we'll be there in minute."
I looked at the woman.
"Since you came here unannounced, no appointment or anything, what should we do then?"
"I can wait. Don't worry. I can do my work here if it's fine with you."
I got up from my seat so though with Scott. He smiled at the woman
"We will be back after an hour." I walked first and got out. After two minutes he went out.
"She's pretty."
"She's plain."
"Your eyes is damaged. You have to go to optical clinic. You need it."
We entered the hall. CEO Hector Fabrella died,he instructed me about his will. Everyone is present. My father's brother who had desire to obtain the company was there sitting comfortably on the swivel chair. I think he is confident that the company will be his.
"Good morning gentlemen. The objective for this meeting is about the election if new President and CEO. May I request the legal advisor of our late President,Atty. Francis Peter."
A man around 50 years old stood up and went to the podium. He was bringing a folder which the document my father made.
"Good morning. Before CEO Hector  Fabrella died,he told me to rewrite his will. He doesn't want everyone would feel bad about him. According to him,his son,Harry Fabrella will be getting the company under the following conditions. If not followed it would be given automatically to his brother,Salve Fabrella. But during the processed of one year,Mr. Salve Fabrella will manage the construction firm while Harry manage the hotels. When Harry can accomplish all the conditions,he will be your new President and CEO. If Harry couldn't make it,he would get the mansion and start his own from the trust fund a total of $3000000. You might wondering what are the conditions. These are the following conditions:
He has to take care the baby in Three Kings Orphanage.
The late CEO has signed up an adoption in that orphanage. After he died unexpectedly,the court granted him to be the foster father of the child. So since he is not here anymore,the court allowed his son to take care the child."
I feel my world was torn into pieces. Everyone is looking at me with disbelief and especially the brother of my dad. He just smirk on me.
Everyone's eyes were focusing on me. Waiting for me to stand up and contradicted the topic which I usually do.
I smiled and stood up.
"I'll accept it. As you all know my father got me from the same orphanage. I was an orphan too. The difference is I was seven years old that time and now I got a baby. I can do it. "
Half of them smiled and clapped their hands for me including Rocky and Scott.
"But,Harry,we know you. You can just humbly decline and don't force yourself to do it."
"Thanks,but don't worry. I can do it "
I sat down again.
"Since Mr. Harry Fabrella accepted the challenge. The meeting is adjourned. We will review this again next meeting."
We went out and head back to my office. I'm not sure if the woman is still there. We took two house to finish the meeting.
"You're father is wise. Arranging marriage is so common nowadays and it might bind you to sad ko relationships.".
" I think so too. Maybe I can put up with the child. Do you think I can make it?"
"Yes. I think so too."Rocky said.
We entered in my office and both of us were surprised looking at the woman. She was sleeping peacefully with the papers on her stomach and her laptop is on.
"She must be really tired." Scott said.
I dropped my pen intentionally and made her jump from surprise.
"I'm sorry. I got sleep while waiting for you." She fix her shirt and sit properly.  I went to my table. Both Rocky and Scott sat in front of her.
"I've heard it during the meeting."
"Oh really? Now can we start discussing this one,I still have another appointment to do after here."
"You must be very busy, why can't you assign another person to do that job."
"I'm not complaining sir. I'm just telling you that we have to start now." She said. Oh this woman is terrible like me. Why can she work in there when her appearance is strict and firm. Not good for children. Oh Harry how can you assess like this to a woman?
My friends stood up and left. Leaving us all alone.
"Please fill out this form."
I got a pen and started filling out the form with her assistance.
"I have to visit your house and do some check,is that fine with you?"
"What for?"
"You are going to be a foster father,sir. You are dealing children in the future so we must secure there environment and decide if we can let the child live with you ".
" even though it was already been prepared? "
"Yeah. We can withdraw the adoption the moment we see there are factors that are not good for the child.".