Heroine By The Lake

Lisa stared at her phone, the blank message box staring up at her.

"Fuck it."

Sup, you wanna go out for coffee tomorrow?

With a decisive press of her thumb, she sent the text to Jennie. Then groaning a second later cos that text might've come off as fuckboy-ish.

She perked up when her phone vibrated.

Who's this?

She groaned at Jennie's short and blunt reply.

It's Lisa. Your future wife. Obviously.

Before she could feel smug about her reply, Jennie's text quickly came.

Yeah, no you're not.

No as in you don't believe I'm Lisa?

NO!! As in you're not my future wife. God you're such an idiot, how did you survive infancy?

"Ohh..." This really isn't going well so she had to move fast.

Yeah whatever. So... how bout that coffee?

Lisa bit her lip and squirmed a bit, she didn't know why she was so nervous about this. She dropped her phone on her desk and flopped on top of her bed.

"What are you doing, Lisa? Don't be such a wimp, it's just a girl." She talked to herself out loud while staring at the ceiling as if it can talk and give her answers.

Her phone gave a heavy vibration against her desk and she quickly scrambled to open her phone.

No.

"Goddamit Jennie Kim!"

© © © © © © © © © © © © © © © © ©

The tires of her pick up truck smoothly rolled against the gravel.

If Jennie was gonna be her usual stubborn self then Lisa was gonna invite her for coffee in person.

She got out of the car and was about to head for the door when she heard a feminine laugh. The sound seemed to come from the gazebo on her right.

Upon a closer look, Lisa can see that it was Jennie and she was not alone. She was talking to someone whose back was to Lisa, but she could clearly see Jennie's face and she seemed to be having a pleasant time.

Lisa headed their way and as she came upon them, she realised the guy was her older cousin, Mino.

Jennie saw her first and her smile quickly changed to a frown, Mino must've seen the change cos he turned and smiled big when he realised it was his younger cousin.

"Hey baby cus, what are you doing here? I heard Jennie just got back and came to invite her to the lake party."

"Oh, uhh... Well I came to invite Jennie for some coffee."

There was an awkward silence between the three of them as the cousins waited for Jennie's answer.

"Sorry Lisa, I can't go. I already agreed to go to Mino's party." Jennie apologised, not looking sorry at all.

"Gotta go prepare, see you later, Mino."

Lisa watched as the girl stood up and left, not sparing her a single glance.

Maybe she's still pissy about that comment with her bra.

Mino stood up, interrupting Lisa's train of thought, he looked apologetic when she turned to look at him.