Chapter 6

As the waitress sat us at the table, we looked over our menu's.

"Everything sounds good, what you getting?" He asked me.

"Hmm, well as an appetizer I just want a salad, my meal, this lobster meal sounds good"

"It does" he agreed.

"Well I want to start with a salad" I said closing my menu. The waitress came back to the table.

"What would you like to drink?" she asked us.

"Give us a bottle of Merlot" Damion said and the waitress left. "So, tell me about your day" He said and I sighed.

"Well, how about I tell you my whole story? It all connects"

"Okay" He said sitting up straight.

"Well, when I was 16, I met this guy named Hykeem. He took my virginity and then we had this on again off again relationship. Since he was 20, he said we couldn't be together or he'd get in trouble so we would just chill and have sex then won't talk to each other again. When I turned 19, I was fresh to death when he decided to pop up. He asked me out and promised me the world. It was all fun and he was committed until a few months ago when he beat me almost to death. Luckily, I found a job and I get good money. I had to find an apartment and luckily, he sent my clothes to me. Today, I ran into him where I worked at and he-"

"Here's your bottle" The waitress said sitting it into the ice. Damion thanked her and told me to go on.

"Well, he tried rapping me. He did beat me, that's why I put make up on to cover the bruises on my face" I said pointing to the bruise on my cheek and on my forehead. "But ya know, you run into situations like that, but I keep my head up. I'm currently in school trying to be a certified nurse so I can get real money for something I love" I ate some of my salad that sat in front of me.

"Come here" He said leaning in. I did the same and he kissed my cheek and then my forehead. I looked down and he put my chin up with his hand. He kissed me on my lips and I felt shocks all over my body. That one minute felt like an hour to me. I leaned back and he smiled. "I've been waiting to do that for a while" Damion said with a cheesy smile. I laughed and we started talking about him.

"I lived in the hood as a child, struggling to take care of my family. My father was shot and my mom was taking care of us. She had three jobs and it wasn't enough to get us the food we needed, so I decided to step up. I took a job to feed both me and my little sister and I had money to buy clothes. I aint gonna lie, I sold drugs and was on my way to be affiliated with a gang but luckily my sister talked me out of it. I of course knew I couldn't do that shit knowing I'd be putting both her and moms in danger. I was caught with a possession of an unlicensed gun and drugs at the age of 16. Luckily, they only gave my 7 years and I got out with good behavior so I ended up doing 3. I went back to high school and got my diploma. I was gonna go back to the street life cause I was getting better offers from street niggas instead of record labels who said I was good, but not good enough. Finally, a rapper discovered me as I was in a bar fight. He told me to call him and I did exactly that and look at me now" He started flexing and I laughed.

"Wow"

"Yup. I bought my little sister her own condo and I'm helping her pay her way through college and now law school" I swallowed some water.

"What about your mom?" He had a blank expression on his face and he then shook it off and cleared his throat.

"My mom was shot repeatedly when I was incarcerated. I found out when I came back home and saw some white bitch living in my old place. She told me my sister was put into the system and when I went to find her, they claimed she ran away. I was determined to find her and I did. She was strung out in one of my ex-boys' house. He told me she gave great head but she never dropped her pants for nobody. I knocked that nigga out and carried her with me back to the raggedy apartment I owned and now, she changed her whole lifestyle around"

"Wow, that's one hell of a life story"

"Yeah I know, but that's how it is" We continued talking about everything under the sun. Son, the bill was being placed on the table and we both reached for it.

"I got it" Damion said laughing.

"You sure?" I asked still not letting go of the bill.

"What part of me inviting you on a date have you paying?"

"You're right" I said letting go of the check. This guy really passed mad standards in needed in a nigga. He left a generous tip and we left the table. I of course had a doggy bag and we went to his car.

Of course some reggae music had to come on and I kept winding my hips in the seat and I saw Damion look at me and smirk.

"Wanna go out or something?" He asked looking at me partyin' in the passenger seat.

"Nah, I gotta work tomorrow"

"But it's a Saturday ma"

"Yeah, our most busiest day"

"Aiight" He nodded his head.

When I got home, Damion walked me to the door. I gave Damion a long kiss goodnight and our breaths started to increase. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around him. I got down from him and was gonna lead him inside until he froze.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"Nothing ma, I just don't want to rush things. When we have sex, I want to make love to every part of your body and I want to please you. I don't want to fuck you and diss you" He kissed my hand. "Goodnight Katia" He smiled and then ran down the steps. I stood in the doorframe dumbfounded. This nigga just turned down free sex. I shut my door and went into my bedroom. I was way too tired to shower so I put on new clothes and hopped into my queen sized bed. I buried my head into the pillow and like that, I was knocked.