chapter 2

Chapter 2.
I woke up to a throbbing headache and an unfamiliar room. Where was I?   A soft country song could be heard as I regained my senses, my vision cleared up and I saw a sign that read ‘Kinley’s diner, open 24 hours.’
I was still in Seattle; I woke up slowly and checked to see if I was in one piece and intact. I looked where I was sitting – I was in a booth in the diner and I tensed up and looked around. My eyes met the stranger with golden eyes and upon instinct I grabbed the nearest utensil and held it at him. He was beautiful. His skin was sun kissed and his eyes held an intense gaze on me, his jawline was sharp and well defined and his muscles were bulging in all the right places. He had sandy brown hair that was slightly too long and in need of a trimming, his bone structure was fine and perfectly symmetrical. He stood up and held out his hand to surrender, he was tall and I was staring, he was gorgeous and my heart skipped a beat when he gave me a small smile. He wore a white shirt and blue jeans.
“Who are you?” I shouted in a panic. The diner was deserted as it was way too early in the morning for anyone to wander inside. Where was the waiter?
“Relax, put the spoon down.” His angular jaw clenched. His voice was deep and mysterious- alluring and dreamy. I realised I couldn’t do any harm with a spoon and threw it on the table, it clattered and my gaze never left his.
“I’m Caspian, you must be Cyra.” he said my name and my knees went weak, I had to sit down. I sat on the cushioned seat of the booth and he scanned my face for any sign of distress.
“How do you know who I am?” I said with worry. He looked deviously handsome and I felt like gorging my eyes out for thinking about his body when I should be thinking about running away, I snapped out of my thoughts.
I was dreaming, I pinched myself but I was still in front of the man with a Greek body, he was around nineteen or twenty and he screamed danger. He didn’t answer and my heart squeezed. I was kidnapped and I was going to die. I wasn’t breathing because I was having a panic attack. My chest grew tight.
“You’re ok. Breathe. Just breathe. Open your eyes. It’s ok.” I chanted and tried to relax.
A waitress came over to us and placed two chocolate smoothies onto the table. She was hypnotised and unaware of what she was doing, she turned on her heals and left.
My breathing returned back to normal and I was self-conscious. Why the hell was I here? The scratches on my leg had disappeared and I was getting another headache just trying to wrap my head around the whole situation. How long was I out for because my wound had healed?
“I used this on your wound.” He handed me a thick, amber liquid with green swirls.
The events of yesterday flashed through my mind and my heart beat rose again. I stood up abruptly and I tried to leave. I glanced at the door but it was locked shut.
“Sit back down,Cyra. We have a lot to discuss.” Caspian said eerily.
I sat down and cradled my head between my hands.
“You killed a woman last night – I helped you kill a woman last night. We’re murderers. We have to turn ourselves in, a woman is dead because of us, she died – We killed a woman, I can’t breathe.” I began to hyperventilate.
“Seven billion people in the world and you are overreacting because we killed one person.”
“But-“I interrupted.
“Seven billion people. Now quit the complaining and drink your smoothie.” Caspian scolded and said with no remorse.
“I want to go home.”  He scratched the back of his head and shifted his gaze around the room. He turned his head sideways to avoid meeting my gaze.
“And I want to go back to where it is I dwell. It ain’t happening anytime soon,sweetheart. Time to accept that.” He said coolly.
“What do you want from me?” . I had nothing of great financial value to give him – I was as useful to him as a tampon in this case.
He bit his lip.
“You still haven’t told me who you are!” I yelped.
He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. He was mysterious and it was getting on my nerves.
“I’m a demon to some, Angel to others.” There was an icy chill in the room when he said that and a strong wind blew outside.
“That isn’t even a real answer.” I snapped.
“Well, it is…I’m the devil-sort of–“he said uncomfortably.
I laughed so hard until my sides hurt - the devil? I am dreaming, I probably overdosed on sleeping pills and now I’m dead, he can’t be the devil.
“Yeah right buddy and I’m a mermaid.” I sniffled.
He tilted his head and gave me a dark look. I immediately tensed up and cleared my throat. This deranged man could snap me in half without breaking a sweat.
“Are you on stupid pills?” I jeered and raised an eyebrow. I brought my fingers to my temples and rubbed small circles.
He raised his hand and stared at him longingly, his nails grew long and black. His hand grew large and scaly, almost like the skin of a komodo dragon. I jumped in my seat and looked at his hand in horror as he retracted his claws.
“I’m dreaming and any moment now my alarm in going to go off.” I woke up and began pacing back and forth.
“You are not dreaming.” He shouted.
“Yes I am! The devil does not look like you, he is ugly and revolting.” I snapped.
He shrugged his shoulders and smirked at me.
“I am a fallen angel you know?” he said cockily. My eyes widened in fear. Why do I want to believe the crazy talk that is coming out from his mouth? He is probably some bipolar person who escaped from the asylum and now he’s on the run. I’ve dealt with enough crazy to know that this cannot be happening right now. I bit my nails hard and stared at him as I paced back and forth.
“If you are the devil then what do you want from me?”  I pondered and swallowed spit, my throat closed in. Isn’t the devil supposed to kill the innocent girl instead of protecting her from harm’s way?  Call me crazy but that is what the books say about him – the bible is made up of the cruel things he has done and why we should all pray to god for help.
He dug into his pocket and held out a glowing orb. I had a strange attraction to it, I wanted to grab it and I found myself walking towards it. It was so pretty and just like a moth drawn to a flame, I was attracted to the orb.
He held out a hand and stopped me.
“Not so fast! “He stopped me and I snapped out of my trance.
“What is that?” I said, I longed to hold the orb in my hand and keep it forever.
“You wouldn’t believe it.” He took a sharp intake of air and I groaned.
“After everything you told me today I will believe you. You just proved to me that you are the devil and I find myself believing you which is – “
“It is your soul.” He interrupted. My heart squeezed and I was taken back by what he said.
My soul? Now he is just being crazy, I am alive so I guess I’m supposed to have my soul intact.
“I need a favour, in return I will give you back your soul.”