Part II

Oluoma

  “Thank you Ma” I thanked the receptionist as she gave me my textbooks and notebooks that weigh half my body weight. I swear I'm going to trip on these books if I don't get help. Nawa why do they have so many books for science students. I can't imagine what Art and Business students go through with all their huge ass textbooks.

   Now to find my class. I was told to stay in the Principals office during assembly so that I wouldn't be overwhelmed and he, the Principal would personally escort me to my class but he had an Emergency meeting with all the teachers in the secondary section leaving me to fend for myself. Today is not my lucky day

   Following the directions given to me, I walked to the Senior block still carrying my schoolbag,lunch bag, my textbooks and notebooks. I've probably lost 6 pounds from all the weight I've been lifting.

  Entering the Senior block I spotted two girls talking at the entrance of SS1A they're my Juniors. Thank God
“Uhh excuse me. Please can you take me to SS2C?” God Oluoma get a grip on yourself they think you're forming shy for them this one is not one of your Wattpad books.
“Yes sure. You're the new student right? I love your frames by the way. My name is Jessica and my Friend's name is Tobi”
“Thank you. Please can you help me with this load I'm carrying, my spine has already shifted from the way I've been bending like a pregnant woman”
  “No problem. This school just likes to overload us with unnecessarily heavy textbooks” Jessica commented as she shared my load between her and Tobi.

    Jessica is the definition of melanin induced with her black hair in natural twists packed up in a somewhat messy bun while Tobi is just plain adorable. I can't get over her prominent dimples on her chubby light skinned  cheeks with beautiful brown eyes and her hair in a sleek bun. I'm instantly filled with sadness as my insecurities gnaw at my chest. Shoo go away joor Im in public.

   I was so engrossed in my conversation with Jessica and Tobi I didn't notice them stop in front of a closed door with a sign telling me where exactly I am. SS2C. Thanking my two wonderful escorts, I collected my load from them then knocked on the door with my free hand before opening it and walking inside. Just like in the movies, silence fell over the whole class and all eyes are on me
“Uh hi” I shyly greeted them still standing on the same spot. God I'm so weird what kind of yeye greeting is that.
   “Aww she's so small ” I heard a girl squeal from behind. Small?? Eh? Who is this one calling small?? Big girl like me.
“Fisayo stop now you're making her shy ” Another girl reprimanded Fisayo  who just called a me small. Can someone help me with this load? My back is not having it again. I mentally screamed at them

      “Hello, My name is Ifeoma and welcome to MarkBenson SS2C”

     “My name is Oluoma and thank you. Can you show me to my seat? My back is aching me”

    “Sure thing. I'll just introduce you to your seat mates then gradually, you would get the names of the remaining 54 students in this class” Wow they are plenty in this class Better for me. I would be able to blend in well without drawing attention to myself as always.

   Arranging my books in my shelf, Ifeoma took to my seat at the edge of the class. Just what I wanted. My side mate is Fisayo and immediately i know that boredom is not my portion with this girl beside me. The person in front of me is one boy named Jeffrey; He seems cool and wears glasses like me so we already have a connection. Jeffrey's side mate is also a boy named Rume and apparently they are best friends. Well my seat mates aren't bad at all so I might just settle in well

  “Mustapha you promised me I would wear your blazer today and now I'm cold because you left it in hostel” One cockroach like voice drawled from the other end Of the class. Leaning closer to my side, Ifeoma began giving me information on the owner of the voice whose name is Josephine a.k.a 'Class Slut'

    “Hmm as you're seeing this Josephine girl, her sister in SS3 Juliet is worse and it's just because they were voted girls with the best body in Senior High since they both entered Senior School. Now nobody can hear word and Mustapha just uses Josephine as Stress relieve they  dated in SS1 but Mustapha says he only lasted with Josephine because of her body. Typical Boys” Ifeoma shook her head in disgust.

   “Hokay Class. Today we will be discussing habout Mensuration. Not Menstration hin women Please MENSURATION. Where his the new student joining us today??”
“Im here Sir” Adjusting my skirt as I stood up to show myself
“Good good. What his your name??”
this mans Yoruba tongue is funny.
“Oluoma Chinonso-Amadi Sir”
“Horluma? That is a very beautiful name for hay very beautiful girl like you. My name his Mr Boma”

   This man is weird. I know never to go to his office alone to avoid any kind of statement. And he can't even pronounce my name well he is talking about beauty. Mtchewwwww.

   Facing the whiteboard, Mr Boma began putting up notes for us on Mensuration while I sat down and brought out a new long note then began copying my note. This mans writing is like antelope horn.
“You're already Mr Boma's favorite after Tamar on the first day. This your puff puff  is doing wonders ” Ifeoma snickered while trying play with my puff puff but I swatted her hands away. I almost forgot about it and other people's reaction towards it.

  My first day seemed to be going just fine for me even though it already started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys 😊
I'm so excited writing this book. I hope the chapters aren't too long because long chapters are discouraging