Part III

Oluoma

    Its break time, Fisayo and Ifeoma thought it would be a good idea for them to introduce me to their group. So here I am in SS2B with Fisayo,Ifeoma,Ayo and Temi from Art Class, Michelle and Dami from Business Class.

    “But Oluoma, you're short oh. Thank God now I'm no longer the shortest person in this group ” Temi smiled at me as she patted my head. This girl is not serious we are the same height just that while I have short legs, Temi has fair slim slender legs so she looks taller but other than that we are the same height.

   “Im sorry but I do not familiarize myself with the word short. I'm not short please its just that you people are just tall that's all” For the first time in my life, I've been called short. Back in Lake City, I used to feel fly and use my height to do Levels with my set girls and now I'm in MarkBenson, almost all the girls seem to be taller than me. Let's not even go to the skyscrapers you call boys in my set. I don't know if they made deal with an Iroko tree Oracle or maybe they eat fertilizer but they are not only tall but fit too. Mess up.

   “Fisayo Mr Ade is looking for you in his office ” a very sexy baritone voice called from behind me. Without wasting time , I spun on my heels to face the owner of the voice and when I say God is Good I mean it.

   I think the boy is Fulani because his afro has serious curls that can make any girl jealous and his skin is radiant aspa with the way he is standing by the entrance door and the way the sun is just shining on his skin , he is glowing and I need to ask him about the cream or soap he uses because this glow is not from any wowo cream. He is tall and looks more like a Model in the uniform than a student. All I need to know is his name and class; he looks SS3 but I don't want to assume because if I see Tobi and Jessica outside, I'd be certain that they wouldn't be my Juniors.

   “Okay and Mustapha please help me tell Jeremy to collect Agric notes and drop them on my table”.With a nod, he left the class  “So that's the Mustapha?” I asked no one in particular still trying to process the information I had just received.

   “Yes oh that's the famous Mustapha that Fisayo has been liking since Js2. I still don't know what you see in him guy. That boy used to change girl like tissue ” Ifeoma said as she snapped her fingers to remove Fisayo from whatever spellbound Mustapha had put her under. Ifeoma's words not mine

    “You people don't understand.. I've liked him since before Puberty decided to visit him and now he looks like a Model I can't stop liking him and my guy doesn't even notice me because of that keg head called Josephine who keeps following him like goat ” Fisayo lamented as she kept looking at the spot Mustapha was in before he left. I can't imagine liking a Nigerian boy for that long because I forever would love Cole Sprouse,Brandon and Jon Bellion with all my intestine.

  “Hmm Fisayo you have heart to still be liking him even after you've seen that he doesn't notice you. You still like him but I understand” I assured my new friend while patting her shoulder. She has heart for all the unnecessary drama she puts herself through.

   With her last goodbye, Fisayo went ahead to look for Mr. Ade to know why he was looking for her. “So Oluoma, when are you going to be a boarder??” Ayo asked me as her and the other girls looked at me from head to toe anticipating my answer like a group of hungry lions staring at their next meal a.k.a me.

   “Uhh” adjusting my glasses on my face; I cleared my throat choosing my next words carefully “actually I'm going to be a boarder as of next week. My parents just want me to get familiar with the school first before I start boarding ” I hope they are satisfied with my answer because I just noticed now that the class is empty and its six against one. The odds are never in my favor I cant remember this being The Hunger Games.