Twenty Nine

A/N: mature content ahead. lol enjoy

Aria Adkins

The crinkling of paper rouses me from a deep sleep. My lashes flutter open, the dim lighting from the lamp on Austin's nightstand casting a warm glow in his dark room.

I turn over and stifle a yawn against the pillow. Austin looks over at me from where he sits leaned against the headboard, another letter clutched in his hands. I'd stayed up as long as I could taking turns reading them aloud with him, but my long shift and lack of sleep finally caught up to me and I ended up crashing at around six thirty.

"Time is it?" I mumble sleepily, closing my eyes again.

Austin places a warm palm on my back, stroking upwards and squeezing the base of my neck.

"Still early," He replies, voice raspy. "Get some more sleep."

"You okay?" I murmur, my voice slightly slurring.

He gives my neck a gentle, reassuring squeeze. "Yeah, baby."

I wordlessly drift off again as Austin absentmindedly strokes my skin.

——

I wake up again what feels like hours later to gentle kisses being placed on my fluttering pulse point. Austin's lips trail around the base of my throat leaving kisses in their wake, stopping at the collar of my (his) t-shirt.

I crack my eyes open, tilting my head to the side as warm palms skate up my sides, bringing up my t-shirt with it. Cool air hits my exposed skin as the fabric sits bunched beneath my breasts. I squirm when he trails another path of kisses down my stomach, lightly dipping his tongue in the divot of my bellybutton.

"That tickles," I murmur, swallowing hard as his eyes meet mine.

He smirks. I raise an eyebrow in amusement.

"You're in a good mood," I state.

My heart stutters in my chest as Austin's hands slide around my hips, lightly caressing the lace fabric of my underwear with his thumbs. "Woke up with you in my bed, so yeah, I am."

"You've got lines," I sigh, my cheeks flushing in both lust and embarrassment when he slips each thumb underneath the band of my underwear and my hips instinctively arch up off the bed.

He tugs at it, but doesn't take them off.

I whoosh out a nervous, excited breath. "What are you waiting for?"

Austin fully slips his hands underneath the band and grips my hips. He leans up, hovering over my body without touching me. He kisses my cheek and brushes his lips against the corner of my mouth. "Want a kiss first," He mumbles against my heated skin.

I dip my head back when his lips brush against mine. "I haven't brushed my teeth yet," I warn.

"Don't give a fuck," He says, effectively crushing my lips with his.

Well, then.

I sigh, sinking deeper into the soft mattress as Austin parts my lips with his tongue and slowly and sensually explores my mouth, tugging at my bottom lip gently when he pulls away. His face hovers above mine, his eyes dark with unmistakable hunger.