38🌸.

Song - You broke me first by Tate McRae.

Now suddenly you're asking for it back
Could you tell me, where'd you get the nerve?
Yeah, you could say you miss all that we had
But I don't really care how bad it hurts
When you broke me first
You broke me first...i

Logan's POV

I watched as Emma drove off in the rain without looking back. It still felt very surreal to me that she left. She actually left me - again. I wanted to get into one of my cars and follow her but she was already far ahead. God, why did I let her leave? I could have done something.

I walked back inside, soaking wet from the rain . My clothes were dripping water on the floor.

" Oh my, I'll get you a towel." Greta said when she saw me.

" I don't need a fucking towel, I just need to be alone!" I snapped as I moved past her leaving her shocked. I walked into my office and slammed the door hard. I felt rage, I felt anger, I felt exasperated and I felt bad that I had just taken it out on Greta.

It still felt like a dream to me. Emma actually packed her stuff and left me. I paced around the room drastically thinking of what to do , how to get her back. I know I fucked up. I fucked up big time but in my defence, if Jake Hartley and his maniac of a father hadn't launched a cyber attack on my company then I wouldn't have lost track of the time.

It was one mistake. One stupid mistake. Why wouldn't she just forgive me? I know that I've been an asshole recently especially because of the pregnancy but I really cannot help myself. Why can't Emma accept me as I am? I'm not perfect. No one is. I don't mean to act the way I do. I didn't mean to hurt or disappoint her. If only I knew how important going for the ultrasound with her was, I would have been more careful with the time. I wanted to kick myself for allowing myself to get distracted by Lisa and Orange Inc . but I had to save my company. I couldn't let Orange Inc get what they wanted.

" Oh Logan , I'm sure you would say anything to get you out of this. I don't even know why I believed you in the first place. I should have known that you agreeing to come with me to the hospital was too good to be true."

The disappointment laced in her voice when she said this wanted to tear me apart. She sounded like it was a big mistake for her to ever trust me. I could imagine her sitting in the room , waiting for me to come . All the calls , all her texts . Fuck . I messed up . I messed up big time .

" Then why didn't you show up, Logan.Why weren't you there for me when I needed you the most? I was scared. I waited for hours and you didn't show up. You made me look like a fool sitting there and waiting for you ."

I'm so sorry , Emma.

" Oh my God. I can't believe you Logan . Now you're blaming Jake and his father for your inability to keep your promises?"

The worst part is that she didn't even believe me when I told her about Orange Inc.She probably thought I was using the fact that I hated that she took a job with him as an excuse for not showing up . She thought it was because of the fight we had this morning but it was so much more than that . I wonder how Jake got her to work with him. I couldn't believe she trusted Jake . I couldn't believe she went to the same high school with him. That's probably what he used to brainwash her. Emma doesn't know what she's getting into. Everyone knows the business world is full of deceitful snakes . You can never really know the real ones and heaven knows that if there's anyone  in the business world who couldn't be trusted , it was Ben Hartley and his son.

" I don't care Logan . I don't care what it was . You made your choice. You chose what was most important to you and once again I'm at the end of the food chain. If it's not your company , then it's your ex wife but I'm always last."