Chapter 2~ The Situation

Emma walks into the conference room. She immediately noticed Shaw wasn't there so she had to wait.

I said five minutes, she said in her head. Idiots. All of them.

Just as she finished that thought Shaw walked through the door with the lab technician.

"So what the problem." Shaw said while kissing Emma's head.

"So glad you could join." Emma says sarcastically.

"Emma..you know I'm busy."

"Whatever. I've been waiting forever. And I told you in advance we were meeting."

The technician coughed awkwardly. "There are two ways to continue. The short way or the long way as I told Mrs. Frost before. The long way we grow the specimen in a tube which means we could get it in about a year and a half but that is after we buy all the equipment and put it together we could be looking at a two year time span. The short way we put it in a female so she could have the child. It obviously would be better if the female was a mutant. This would take the normal time span. Which is nine months."

Emma's heart started beating fast. In her brain a lightbulb went off.

"What if I had the child?"

"You couldn't Emma." Said Shaw with a sound of finality in his voice.

"Why not Shaw? There is no one else you  trust more and we need this child more than anything if we should prepare for the future. I'm also pretty powerful which will add the the specimen even more. Right?" Emma looked at the technician.

"Yes.  If Emma has the child the child should get some of Emma's traits."

Shaw contemplates for a minute. Then he speaks.

"Couldn't Emma have a miscarriage and our creation would be lost."

"I highly doubt it. She looks like she is in peak mental and physical condition.  I could even do a couple of tests to ensure that but the level of power that comes from Charles and Erik is very high that I doubt a child of there creation could be gone through pregnancy anyways."

"Are you sure you want to do this Emma?"

Emma thought about it long and hard and they were patient. She knew as soon as she had the vials that they were special. So she came up with an answer.

"Yes."