1

"You're such an idiot." Dream wheezed.

"Me, an idiot?" George protested.

"Yes you are." Dream laughed as he pressed the stop recording button, ending the recording session for the day. They talked aimlessly for a few minutes, until George brought up something unexpected.

"I'm coming to America." George announced out of the blue.

Dream snapped to attention. "What?"

"You heard what I said."

"I — George what? That's so — so random." Dream asked, confused.

"You better have room in your apartment." George said, almost teasingly.

"I mean, I do, but — I'm not prepared! My apartment is a mess!" Dream wheezed.

"Eh, I don't care. Just set aside some space for me."

"How long are you staying?" Dream inquired.

"I don't know. I'm planning on staying for a while, though. I just wanna — see the world beyond London, ya know? I've never really traveled."

Dream nodded. "Okay, I guess I can make room. When are you coming?"

Dream could tell George was stifling a laugh when he responded: "Tomorrow."

"What!?" Dream jumped up immediately, looking at the cluttered apartment. "My — I don't have time to clean up! Oh my — why are you — why didn't you tell me earlier?"

George let out his laugh, ringing clear through the microphone. "Dreamy poo, you better get to work!"

Dream let out a frustrated sigh. "Fine, but I have to leave the call."

George let out a pout of his own, but he consented. "You better call me soon after you're done."

"That'll be tomorrow." He muttered under his breath, hanging up on the Discord call, turning around to see his messy apartment, and then sinking back into his chair, overwhelmed, uncertain where to start.

His parents had never been neat freaks. Sure, they made sure that their house was kept relatively clear and presentable, but they never cared that much. But now George was coming, Dream had to take care of the mountain of cleaning that had been building up since he moved into the apartment. Dream took a deep breath, then dived in.

After a few hours, he managed to get halfway through. Dream was surprised at some of the things he found — books he hadn't touched, discarded stationary that hadn't seen the light of day for a long time, clothes of all sort, and lots of paper. It had taken a few trips for him to clear out all the junk in his apartment, but the progress was satisfying. After taking a short break, he dove back in, speedily scrubbing and decluttering and cleaning the rest of his apartment. Dream felt oddly accomplished when he faced the relatively clean apartment at the end of the day, although it was approaching midnight. He checked the time and groaned.

Dream

Thanks to you, I just spend the past few hours cleaning

My back hurts

GeorgeNotFound

Aww, you're so dedicated

I'm sure it'll pay off

Dream

Shut up George

GeorgeNotFound

I guess I won't tell you when my flight comes so you can stay at the airport all day

Dream