「Grieving and Resting」

Italics = memories

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

I had cleaned up the cups the tea was in, went to retrieve my axe that was now not lodged into the tree, and made myself breakfast. A breakfast for one... that I ate... alone... without my sister. While eating I just couldn't hold it in anymore. For what seemed like the millionth time, I burst into tears. I know men are supposed to be tough and crying is seen as weak but I couldn't help it. All the memories of me and my sister came rushing back.

Like that time I almost burnt the house down after forgetting to add water to the rice when learning to cook. My sister and I laughed so hard at my dumb mistake we cried.

-----

"What's that burning smell?!"

"I don't know! I was just trying to make rice for you nee-san!"

...

"(Y/N), Did... Did you add water to the rice?"

"No? Why would I? Soggy rice is yucky!"

"(Y/N)... You need to add water so it doesn't burn"

"Eh?! Seriously?"

"Pfffff... HAHAHAHA oh my god... HAHAH"

"NEE-SAN! ARE YOU LAUGHING AT ME?"

"I- HAHA just can't believe you- pfff you didn't add water- HAHAH"

"Pffff-"

"HAHAHAHAHA"

"hehehehe I guess it is a little funny..."

-----

Or that time I snorted tea because Hana cracked a funny joke while I was drinking. It hurt my nose but Hana and I laughed and laughed until our ribs hurt.

-----

"Hey (Y/N)"

"What is it?"

"A bear walks into a bar and says, "Give me a whiskey and.... water."
"Why the big pause?" asks the bartender. The bear shrugged. "I'm not sure; I was born with them.""

"pfffFf- acK"

"Did you just snort your tea?"

"It- HAHAHA It burns! HAHA"

"HAHAHAH OH MY GOD YOU DID! PFFFFF-"

"NEE-SAN! STOP- HAHAHA LAUGHING AN- PFFFF AND HELP ME! HAHAHAHA"

"YOU'RE LAUGHING TOO!"

"HAHAHAHAHA"

"PFFFFFF"

"MY- MY SIDES HURT- AHAHAHAHA"