Chapter Three

Lucy's PoV

Madi paced frantically, "Mr. Tumnus, take Lucy to the wardrobe."

"But-"

"Hurry!" Madi shouted. He grabbed his scarf and umbrella and opened the door. I held his hand tightly.

I walked over to Madi, "What about you?"

"I'll hold them off," Madi said, strapping the sheath of her sword over her shoulder, the sword itself in her hands, "Don't come after me."

My eyes widened, "But-"

"Run," Madi whispered, her eyes filled with anger and worry, "Go!"

Mr. Tumnus grabbed my hand and led me to the wardrobe, "Don't come back. It isn't safe."

"Okay," I promised, shaking, as he left me at the lamp post to go and help Madi or to hide.

I raced through the wardrobe and into my room, where I fell asleep quickly.

In the morning, I had to convince myself it was just a dream. Madi was probably downstairs sorting out breakfast.

"Ms. Macready," I asked during breakfast, "Where's Madi?"

"She's probably off in the woods somewhere," Ms. Macready sighed, "It's Sunday, so she could be anywhere."

Anywhere indeed. No, she was just off in the woods with one of the horses.

After breakfast, Susan and I sat down at the edge of the tree line in the garden as Peter and Edmund played softball.

Edmund hit the ball so hard that it made a loud clang sound and smashed straight through one of the stained glass windows.

"That can't be good," Susan hissed and ran upstairs.

We saw what we had broken. Ms. Macready's footsteps could be heard throughout the house.

We couldn't let her catch us.

Wherever we ran, the footsteps followed us, until we reached a large empty room with a large wardrobe in the back.

"You've got to be joking," Susan sighed as Edmund opened the door and urged everyone inside.

We moved to the back, stepping on each other's feet until we fell into the snow.

"Told you I wasn't crazy," I said. But before I could throw a snowball, I realized, "Madi."

"What about her?" Peter asked, handing everyone coats from the wardrobe.

I frowned, "She was here. She came with me last night, but the wolves were coming and she didn't leave."

"We're going to a faun's house in a magical snow land fairytale," Edmund sighed.

"If this is a dream, whatever we do won't affect us when we wake up," Susan said very matter-of-factly.

I led them to Mr. Tumnus's house and found the door wide open, broken at the hinges. Everything inside was scattered.

"Mr. Tumnus," I whispered sadly. Whoever did this took him and Madi away.

"I heard Madi talking to Lucy," Peter said, "She said she broke a glass four years ago and had to hide from Ms. Macready in the wardrobe."

Susan frowned, "But the professor said she only got here three years ago."

"He's old," Peter said, "Maybe he just forgot a year."

"Mr. Tumnus acted like he knew her well," I reasoned, "Like she grew up here."

Susan found a note saying how the faun and the human were taken prisoner for being traitors.