Day 4 - Lights

Chat knocked on the window excitedly, shaking his hair out and wiping some of the cold winter rain from his shoulders. He looked up to see Marinette rushing towards the window, pushing it open and letting him in.

"Hey!" she grinned, throwing him a towel that was laying on her chaise. He caught it, immediately drying his hair and wiping the raindrops from his suit.

"I'm here to help, princess!" he said happily, patting his face dry and grinning at her. She chuckled, putting her hands on her hips.

"Good," she said, taking the towel from him when he handed it to her. Christmas music was playing in the background, and she'd cleaned up considerably since he'd last been there.

"Wanna get started?" she asked after throwing the towel into the laundry basket in the corner. He nodded, rubbing his hands together and watching as she bounced joyfully, walking over to a large, plastic tote in the middle of the room. He walked over with her, crouching down and pulling the lid off.

Chat blinked in surprise, finding the entire thing filled with fairy lights.

"Are...are we putting all of these up?" he asked flatly, lifting his eyes to hers and seeing a devious smirk on her lips.

"We might not need all of them, but they're going everywhere," she said, spreading her arms wide and making his eyes narrow at her.

"So, are we leaving enough electricity for the rest of Paris, or...?" he asked, seeing her purse her lips at him.

"They don't need it," she said firmly, making him snicker. "I want lights!" she exclaimed excitedly, beginning to pull a bundle from the tote.

"Okay, okay," he laughed, helping her get it out and beginning to untangle it.

"Where do you want these?" he asked, and she tapped her chin, spinning in a slow circle to assess her room.

"How about we start with the support beam?" she suggested, and he looked up at the giant beam that divided her room almost in half. He looked back to her to see if she was serious, immediately realizing that of course she was.

"So I'm climbing?" he asked, standing to lift a foot onto the beam.

"You're climbing," she confirmed, snickering when he struggled a little. He hoisted himself up, reaching back down to let her hand him the lights, beginning to wrap them around the wooden beam. She hummed along to the music while he worked, untangling some more strands of lights when he didn't need any help.

When he was nearly done and close to the ceiling, she gasped a little.

"Please be careful," she said up to him, making him glance down. She was grinding her teeth, and the worry in her eyes made him smile.

"No no, I'll make sure to fall on purpose," he replied, wrapping more lights around the beam.

"No!" she protested, making him look back at her and seeing an adorable pout as she stared up at him.

"It was a joke, princess," he chuckled, straddling the beam carefully as she scoffed.

"A bad one," she muttered to herself, making his mouth drop open.

"What did you say?" he asked loudly, peering down at her as she jumped.

"Nothing!" she replied, crossing her arms over her chest stubbornly.

"I'm coming down so you can tell me," he said, dropping a foot and starting to dangle precariously.

"I said it was a bad joke, you dumb cat!" she shouted, frowning lightheartedly but watching him worriedly. He steadied himself again and put his hands on his hips.