I'll Do It

It had been three whole days since Charity and I went to the party. Charity had been back at the penthouse every night since then. I, on the other hand, was struggling with my new amount of Instagram followers. I went from 4k to 15k in the span of a day and I had no idea how I was supposed to cope with so many people flooding my comments and dms with questions and speculations about how I ended up cooking for Harry Styles and Mitch Rowland. Oh, and Mitch started following me which made me giddy and excited like it was Christmas morning. Someone who was connected to someone so famous, following me for my mediocre pictures and rambling captions.

The morning after the party I woke up to a phone call from Dana, the woman who had me sign the NDA. I was in a lot of legal trouble for posting that picture until Harry cleared it up with her. From now on, I was only allowed to say that I was an employee at the hotel and I was asked to cook for him. It's all I would've told people anyways. There was only one DailyMail article that was written about me with a short story and a link to my instagram. Mom was so proud she printed it out at the local library and hung it up on the fridge.

Life almost felt normal as I tied my apron around my waist and grabbed my notebook. Eduardo was huffing about something to Leah and she shrugged, "She asked me to take another shift. I don't know where she is."

She's upside down in Louis Tomlinson's bed, that's where she is. I kept quiet. I didn't need another angry phone call from Dana.

"I'm tired as hell of covering for her ass, Charity needs to get it the fuck together." Eduardo huffed, slamming his plastic water bottle onto the table.

Leah and I exchanged a glance, Eduardo always had an attitude, but this was unlike him. He saw us staring and barked, "Leave me the fuck alone."

He spun on his heel and walked out into the dining room. I shrugged before following him. Another day, another dollar.

The dining room was dying down as Leah and I rolled our silverware for the night. Her brows were pinched together, so completely focused on creating the perfect edges for the dark cloth napkins in front of us.

"Where's Eddie?" She asked, breaking her conversation to look around. "Someone's gonna steal this pile if he doesn't come out here soon," she motioned towards the napkins that were saved for him.

"Maybe he's clearing a table," I signed. "I'll see if I can find him."

He was nowhere to be found out on the floor, so I checked the back office. Justin was sitting on the phone, a scowl on his face. Probably dealing with someone who was fussy about their room service.

"Charity can you get me a crate of eggs from the fridge?" One of the line cooks yells.

I nod my head, "Sure!" and open the door to the fridge.

"What the fuck!" Eddie, shouts.

His eyes are red and puffy. He sniffles and brushes some snot from his nose with his sleeve. How long had he been in here for? I slipped in and carefully pulled the door shut behind me, the cold air making the baby hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I stood, not sure if I should get any closer.

He looked up at me, "Don't look at me like that."

"I'm not looking at you like anything," I note, crossing my arms. "Are you okay?"

Everything that he was trying to hold together, came right back out as a flood of tears. We still stood apart from each other, Eddie didn't seem like the type to want to be held.