three

It had already been a few weeks now since your first day, and you've already made yourself a nice home

In those few weeks you had managed to get your apartment problem situated and it was now fully furnished. You also decided to drive back up to New York to get Milo, also visiting Maria while you were there.

You had to admit, out of all the years you've lived in New York, Maria was the only person you dearly missed. You two often spoke to each maybe once a week, on the phone.

You had also grew closer to the team, mainly Spencer. You two chatted and realized you did in fact, have much in common. When you mentioned your love for chess, it actually almost made your heart explode when you saw his smile grow and how you both went on a rant about not many people liking the game.

You also loved to talk to Penelope every time you came in each morning. She's the type of morning wake up call that you very much liked.

Derek just liked to tease you a lot, but he also seemed to care for you. The whole team seemed to all care for each other. That was something that you weren't used to. Of course you were friends with your old team, but none of you ever spoke about your personal lives or anything. Maria was the only person you would ever spill anything personal to.

It was nice, having new friends, but it also scared you. You being the pessimist you are, you always had the mindset that you eventually lost anyone or anything that you ever cared for. You knew it was ridiculous, but it was just your mind telling you that you're the reason why you never made friends.

It was currently 6:30 in the morning and you had just woke up from another nightmare. You usually woke up around 7:30 a.m. but that recently changed and you've been waking up a lot earlier.

You sat up in your bed, breathing heavily. You closed your eyes, wiping the sweat off of your forehead and sighing.

Eventually getting out of bed, you made your way over to the bathroom and went to take a quick shower.

Once you finished showering you got out and went to change into your clothes for the day. You were never one for formal wear, but because of your job, you had to make yourself look the part at least.

You threw on a plain shirt and some jeans, along with a nice cardigan and just some plain old converse you had since college.

You went back into the bathroom and stood in front of the sink to brush your teeth and other bathroom things you did to get ready.

Before actually turning the water on, you just looked at yourself in the mirror. You had dark circles under your eyes, adding on to the bags under them as well.