Chapter 4

And here I was.

Falling.

I plummeted towards the ground at an alarming pace, blood whizzing painfully from my wound. The wind deafened my ears as I tried to grip them to comfort myself, only to find that my ears weren't there.

What?

Where the hell are my ears?

The ground grew nearer and nearer. From what I could tell it looked like I was going to crash near a beach, then again it wouldn't matter if I was dead, would it?

I couldn't think. I couldn't breathe. Everything went by so quickly, I couldn't keep up.

I closed my eyes, my life flashing before them.

I hope they remember me.

[Unknown POV]

A crash erupted through the area, followed by a handful of thuds. Several palm trees toppled over and car alarms rang. The sand was blown up the beach and cracks lay in the pavement.

What the fuck?

I trudged past the damage, following the trail of destruction. My eyes widened.

A crumpled body of a girl lay awkwardly against a concrete block; dark, large cat ears dropped down and a long, silky tail wrapped delicately around her leg. A nasty cut dug from her ear to her chin, which was bleeding profusely.

I slipped my hands out of my pockets and rushed towards her, checking her pulse to see if she was alive.

I sighed. She survived.

I shook her arm in an attempt to wake her up, I growled when it didn't work. What use is it if I'm training to become a hero when I can't even wake her up?

"Stupid girl..." I muttered, now tapping her cheek.

"Oi, wake up."

[Natasha POV]

"Oi, wake up."

I stirred awake, my head throbbing.

My eyes slowly opened to only make my headache worse.

A lean, fit boy was crouching over me. His spiky, unkept ash blonde hair blowing gently in the breeze and a permanent scowl plastered onto his face.

His dark red eyes contrasting perfectly with my turquoise ones.

"Are you... an angel or something?" I slurred, a light blush tinting the boy's cheeks.

"No, you idiot, you just fell out of the sky and are very much alive."

I blinked a couple of times to see that I was, indeed alive. I shifted my weight to sit upright, noticing a long black selection of fur curling around my leg. My eyes trailed it to its source, only to realize it was me.

I was the source.

I have a cat's tail.

What exactly, is going on?

"Hey, stop that shit, you'll injure yourself even more. Here."

The boy grabbed my wrist and pulled me up, swinging my arm over his shoulder. I winced at the pressure that was suddenly under my foot, coming to the conclusion that my ankle was probably sprained.

"I don't even know why I'm doing this..." He muttered under his breath, I turned to face him. He scoffed, "C'mon, we should get you to the hospital before the press swarm this area. You made quite the graceful landing."