Something Family Themed

Beams of sunlight filtered through the Navy drapes. Casting everything in the reading room in a blue tint. Sitting in a rather comfortable leather chair sat a lady- around her mid twenties reading to what seems to be her son in his lap, "Listen, Nico.. For this is the story of our family." From the side table, she pulled out a photo album bound in a dark leather. The woman cleared her throat as she began her story… 

   "You see, my child, we've always stayed in this house. Ever since your great-great-grandfather moved here from France-" 

   "Momma?"

   "Yes Nico?"

   "Can you sing to me, please~?"

   The mother let out a small chuckle and signed, "Of course, Bun" she repositioned Nico on her lap and started singing; her lower register voice gliding and dancing across the empty space… 

"On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair. The warm smell of colitas rising up through the air.."

  As the last notes left her body, the young boy yawned and rested his head upon his mother's chest, his breathing rising and falling softly as the sun set for the day. Rising up from her chair with Nico in her arms as she walks down the hall to set him in his bed, making sure he was tucked in and had a stuffed rabbit by his side. With a small kiss on Nico's forehead, she left his room and made her way to clean the reading room. 

   Dragging her fingers along the spine of the book, she smiled to herself. 

  "I can't wait to tell you everything Nico"

A/N: She's singing Hotel California cause I really, really like that song