₣ØⱤ₮Ɏ ₮₩Ø

Chenle spills the box of dashcams onto the table and pants. "I SCAVENGED the wHoLe dIstRicTs for these because there were not one, oh no, not tWo EithEr bUt MORE THAN TWENTY CARSㅡ"

  "Thanks," Renjun shoves his away and grabs a handful of cams before striding away.

  Chenle screeches, battery low and Jisung drags him up the stairs.

  "Whoever that shooter is, they didn't use their real identity because a fake name wouldn't be allowed entry," Jeno says, and flings away the sheet in stress- massaging his temples, glasses hanging on his nose bridge.

  He combs his unruly hair in a single stroke and glares at the amount of black boxes on Injunnie's desk. "You're gonna watch all those?"

  "Yes, the sooner the better. This group is more dangerous than what they seem," Renjun says, pulling out a memory card. "To be able to slip in and out of the heavily guarded party and deactivate the camera just like that."

  Jeno takes a heavy breath before cracking his neck and folding up his tight black sleeves. "Then, let's get to work."

-

  Somewhere in South Korea, in an unknown dark place with unknown suspicious people to add in to the suspense of the story...

  SLAM!

  "You think this is funny?!" The mafia leader shouts, piercing a dagger right through the dart board behind his frightened members.
"You were supposed to shoot him and not the girl!"

  "I didn't expect for her to jump in!" The male under fire claims, anxious and trembling.

  The leader groans, marching forward in fury but stops abruptly, letting out a frustrated sigh.
"First, it was the mistake with the ice-cream then, the bombing and NOW, the FUXKING SHOOTING! Can't you do ANYTHING right??"

  "I-I'll try my best, I promise," his follower stutters.

  The leader stares, deadly, and puts down his pistol. "One more chance, or I'll throw you into the pound."

  He huffs and sits back down gruffly when the one kneeling in front of him chooses to tend to his curiosity.
"I have a question... Why do these girls matter so much?"

  Incomprehensible sentimentality and an oddly obsessive appetency fill the air and the boss' golden orbs swirl with a variety of emotions- one being the most tangible, possessiveness.

  "To do what I couldn't before."

-

  The atmosphere is tense and none is brave enough to even lift a single finger as they wait for Jisung to complete his mission.

  He breathes heavily and nervousness bubbles in him like a boiling cauldron and he's afraid that it'll explode.

  With trembling hands, he reaches out and pulls out a piece- the Jenga blocks instantly timber and scatter messily.

  "You lost! You lost!" Chenle lets out his dolphin shrieks, laughing to his heart's content. "You clean the table!"

  Jisung pouts, unwilling to do it and leaves for the chore while the rest start another round.

  A chime interrupts and Jeno takes out his phone. "Seems like there's gonna be another gala since the last wasn't eventful. We haven't even gotten the chance to determine the ranks between the newbies.

  Hyuck's lips pull into an amused grin and his brow arches at the thought. "I'd love to see them bleed and break inside the battle ring." 

  "Wait, what?" Eunae queries, confused and Renjun fills in the details. 

  "It's a fight between new gangs and so, the senior gangs will ease things up by determining their ranks between one another using fists. The strongest gets the top place between newbies." 

  "But... why?" Saehyun asks. 

  "Last time, we let the newbies be, hell broke loose because they were all trying to act tough- police got involved and the first gang headquarter got exposed."

  "So... the higher ranked newbies get all the respect and that?" Jinae wonders. 

  Chenle nods. "Precisely. Of course, we're still higher than them."

  Eunae stares at her freshly painted nails by Injun who wanted to try a 'new art technique' and admires the perfect blends and ombres. "That's cool."