1. Another Year

"Rain come on! You're gona make me late. "

"Coming dad!"

Ugh, I've been dreading this day whole summer. The first day of senior year. I know I'm supposed to be 'happy, excited, overjoyed' and stuff and trust me I am, for the year that is, just not the first day. Everyones going to be hugging and kissing and shit. Blah blah blah. I mean there's no doubt that they spent the whole summer together so why all the lovey dovey shit ?

"Rain, come on!"

"Yeah yeah!"

I grabbed my school bag off my bed and took one more glance at myself in my school uniform. Not gonna lie, I looked fine.

I quickly headed downstairs to where my siblings were eating breakfast and my father was waiting rather impatiently for me to head out

On the way to school I asked my dad if he could stop by at McDonald's to get me an ice coffee and a muffin since I was rushed and now was starving. Not even 5 mins from just receiving my order were we in front of my school gates.

I could already see everyone excited and saying 'hiiii' and 'omg I haven't seen you in forever'.

It annoyed the shit out of me. It might seem like I'm this grumpy bitch, but in actual fact I'm a really chilled person, I just hate that people can be so happy, jumping up and down with someone the one moment and then   talk behind each other's backs the next. It's  sad actually.

As I was getting out of the car my dad turned to me and spoke.

"Have fun today bubs and don't forget to tell the boys  they owe me a car wash." he started chuckling.

My parents were rather open people, I could talk to them about anything I wanted, that's if I wanted to of course. So they don't mind the fact that I have wayyy more guy friends then girls. To them I seem less problematic and more mature since I'm not with any of my guy friends or give them the impression that I am.

We said our goodbyes and I was now walking towards my locker.

I stopped when I noticed a figure running and yelling my name down the hallway struggling to get through the crowd of teenagers.

"Rainnnnnnn!! Bitchhhhhh, I missed you!!!"

Once they were a few meters away did I only notice it was my bus bestie.

We've rode in the same bus for 4 years now, still going strong.

Andy - short for Andrea. She soon reached me and tackled me to the ground. We never got around to seeing each other during summer since she was away to visit relatives over seas.

Once she let go of me and we both stood up laughing, did she stop dead in her tracks and look me up and down. I stared at her confused, wondering if my skirt was broken or something.

"Damnnn mami ! When did you get so skinny and hot as fuck ?!" .

She kept staring at me her mouth agape. I rolled my eyes and chuckled at her reaction.

To say that I look different from last year was an understatement. Last year and many before I was fat, not over weight just fat, bigger than most girls, chubbier too ? I didn't like how all these pinterest and Instagram models literally made me feel like a whale, so I quit.

I quit making myself feel that way, by going to the gym, starting a new entire diet plan and not cheating on myself, because at the end of the day, the ball lies in my court. With hard work and commitment, I lost a whole 25kg. I am, for one really proud of myself, but still get my moments when I feel insecure and feel like a pig when eating, but I simply just call up my best friend/sister from another other mister/main betch whatever you want to call her and she hypes me up, makes me feel worthy and appreciated.