2. Asshole

"Finally...", I groaned as the bell rang for lunch break. It's been a 2 weeks of school now and I'm dreading each day. The workload is unbearable.

"Rain, wait up!", Hunter shouted my name, jogging towards me.

"Is it just me or is this day dragging behind?", he chuckled.

"Am I right, I just want this day to be over already.", I whined like a baby

"So we grt math after break, but apparently the class gets split, who's your teacher ?" he asked.

"Mr. Paul, you?"

"Dang it! I get Ms. Eleanor."

As we were making small conversation, we soon reached the rest of the group sitting under a tree, on the far back of the field. It's been our spot since sophomore year.

"Hey girl, why do you look like you're about to drop dead any moment?", Kouvr asked.

"Maybe, because I am."

I sat down next to Hunter and started slouching against him. While he put his arm around my shoulders and held me to him.

"Rain lean on me! I'm your favorite!"

Caleb started pulling on my arm, giving me his best puppy dog eyes and biggest pout. Hunter hit his hand away and pulled my arm towards him.

"I'm clearly her favorite, so back off." Hunter said with a goofy smile.

Just then Rosa, looked at me and started wiggling her eye brows.

I know most of you think that there's something going on between Hunter and I, but there really isn't.

Apparently one night, they were all at Sofia's house, drinking - only because her older brother gets them free booze and Hunter got totally wasted and started talking about how pretty I am, and that he'd love if I had his babies.

Weirdo.

But ever since that night, the whole group teases me about it from time to time, but Rosa does it any chance she gets. I know she means well, because she wants me to get in an relationship, but what if I don't want to.

And don't get me wrong Hunter is a good looking guy, but his like a big brother to me. Plus his not really my type... His too sweet towards me, for his own good. There are times when we fight physically for fun or argue over who gets to pick the next movie, but that's it.

Yesss, I should be grateful that I actually have someone that wants me for me and is sweet and caring, but I want that exciting moments. His not boring..., just not exciting enough.

"So we all heading to 'Manny's' , after school right?", Eric asked.

"Yesss, I've been meaning to try their new lime and honey milkshake." Macy says.

"One more to add to your list, I suppose.", Daniel rolls his eyes.

Macy has a serious addiction to milkshakes and has tried almost every flavor there is. She makes a list and puts it all on a leader board. Psycho, I know.

"Alright guys I have to head to the ladies room, before break ends."

I get up and head to the girls bathroom with all my books in hand, hoping I can, get a chance to put my books in my locker before the bell rings.