Conference/Old Magic Awakens

Word soon spread fast about the condition of the boy who lived. Their savor was infertile due to a backlash of the elder wand that Michael Potter now Lord Potter won from Voldemort. It was also said that James and Lily couldn't bear anymore children due to the attack on Halloween 1981. Now the Potter family was about to face extinction a fear that every pureblood feared above all else. However during a conference hosted by Albus Dumbledore revealed some information about a relative that was living in the muggle world. Thousands of reporters for the Daily Prophet demanded answers about this relative's existence.

"One at a time" Albus said.

"Albus Dumbledore, Arianna Drake for the Daily Prophet, you said that the Potter family had a relative living in the muggle world. Why is that?"

"That relative of ours was a Squib, and Michael's little brother Harry James Potter." James answered her.

"Why didn't you reveal your youngest's existence before?"

"Were you ashamed that you birthed a squib?"

"What will become of the Potter family now?"

Albus silenced the crowd with a blast into the sky from his wand. He told them that James and Lily will answer all of their questions as best they can. He then gave James the sign to speak.

"We weren't ashamed of our son, no we love him" James stated. "It would have been wrong for us to let him live in a world that he couldn't be a part of. Which was why my wife and I sent him to the Muggle world to live with relatives of Lily."

"Mr Potter what can you tell us about what the Dark lord said about Michael using stolen magic that was taken from his own brother? Did Albus truely transfer your youngest son's magic to Michael to boost his own magical core?"

"After the attack on Halloween and the defeat of Voldemort Lily and I were enjoying the limelight from Michaels fame. The three of us were basking in it so much we never realized we were neglecting Harry. When the boys turned five years old Michael was not showing as much accidental magic as he used to when he was young. We called Albus and a Medi wizard and they told us that Michaels magical core was barely above a squib. We panicked and asked if there was anything we could do to help Michael. Albus told us of an old ritual that would transfer the magic of one person into another if they were the right age and had a connection. Albus suggested using Harry since we saw Harry wasn't performing any accidental magic at all since the attack so we thought he was a Squib. After all that the ritual was performed to transfer what ever amount of magic Harry barely had into his brother and Michael was fully magical once again." James explained.

"But why perform a dark ritual?" A reporter asked.

"Due to the large number of death eaters still roaming around it was best to have Michael at full strength in case any decided to attack the Potters." said Sirius.

"After the ritual was completed Harry told us that he couldn't feel his magic anymore and asked us what we did" said Lily. "We then explained to him about the magical drainage of his brother and how we had to give his magic to Michael. I'll never forget the horrific expression on his face. Harry was silent for a while and blew up in our faces with a temper that rivaled my own. He demanded that we return his magic which enraged me and I hit him. After that moment Harry faced us again and then he...he called me a Mudblood!"

The reporters gasped at what they were told. The Potters were the iconic light family and to hear that Lily's own son called her the most degrading word brought a chill down their spines. Other purebloods in the crowd sympathized with Harry as they would do the same thing if their magic was stolen. Lily sniffled and wiped her tears as James put a hand on her shoulder. Another reporter asked what happened after the confrontation.