Chapter 2: The Urge To Know

Mario and Luigi were both in the castle in the throne room as Princess Peach was standing in front of them. She was wearing a long, pink, royal dress with a blue brooch in the center. She also wore red, small heels as she wore long, white gloves on her hands. She also had her gold crown on her head as their was a red jewel in the middle and two blue jewels on each side.She also wore blue earrings.

She had sky, blue eyes as she had long, blonde hair. She paying very close attention to what the brothers had to report. Mario held the orb in his hand as they both explained to her what happened when they first saw it. They were mostly trying to guess what it could really be. They still couldn't tell whether it really was a threat or not.

"What we can't figure out is how I'm the only one that can pick it up. When Luigi tried to pick it up, it hurt him." He said.

"Hmm..." Princess Peach nodded her head in understanding "This sounds very interesting. But it does sound very confusing how you're the only one who can hold that orb, Mario."

"Yeah. And it's also weird how you could sense it that far from here, Peach." Mario said.

"What I'm mostly curious about is how did you know where it was?" Luigi asked Mario. The older brother bit his bottom lip, hesitating if he should really tell them or not. He still didn't know who the mysterious voice was, and couldn't tell whether it was good or bad. From what he remembered, the voice just said they were in between.

"I heard that voice talk to me." He decided to tell the truth. "They told me where to go, and if I was close or not. It was the same voice I had when I had that nightmare."

"Nightmare? What was it about?" She asked him with small concern in her voice. Mario crossed his arms. He explained to her what exactly it was about, and the voice that spoke to him. He told her about that warning, what Luigi told him that it means, he didn't leave any details out.

Well...except for how he felt in that nightmare.

He didn't exactly think those feelings were important. Dreaming about a feeling he wasn't feeling. It didn't exactly make sense to him. He only told the Princess about the warning.

"'Be careful who you trust'..." She repeated that sentence in thought. "Who exactly were they talking about?"

"Beats me." Mario said. "We're just as confused as you are. That nightmare can't be a nightmare. Someone warned me of this. It can't just be something I made up in my head."

"But the real question is; Who could it be?" Luigi asked. "If Mario couldn't recognize or see them, then who would tell him this, and why?"

"..." Mario crossed his arms, thinking about it for a moment. He honestly didn't have the slightest about who it could be. Was it someone new? Someone they already know? He didn't know, but he wanted to know. He had to know.

But as much as he wanted to know who this person was, he still wanted to know why he was being warned of this. That 'nightmare' he had and this orb could be connected. That's his theory at least. As Princess Peach and Luigi were talking, discussing what Mario told them, he stared down at the orb in his hand.

He could feel negativity from it. Darkness. He thought back to what Luigi told him about his nightmare. Loss, despair, and overwhelming. He still remembered one sentence that the voice told him.

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

"They could do something so bad...they have to resort to desperate measures. So desperate that you can't even think about the consequences, or even the risks. Believe me...I did that before..."