Chapter Ten: Birthday Surprise

Darren

I looked down disappointed at the necklace I had picked out for Brooke as her birthday present. It just isn't enough for her. It doesn't scream out 'I love you beyond compare.'

It doesn't show just how special she is to me; how unique she is; how she's stolen my heart. I knew what I needed to do. I have an idea in mind, I don't know if I can pull it off, but it's the best I can come up with and I really hope she likes it. I nodded to myself as I began to plan things out, I had an image in mind and if this doesn't go to plan then I'm screwed.

I called Tony's, a flower shop, and ordered a bunch of flowers that consisted of violets, roses, freesia and lilies. He said he could deliver them by 12 this afternoon. My surprise for Brooke has to be kept secret, as much as it would hurt us both, I have to make it seem I forgot her birthday.

"That's a stupid idea" Trey shouted in my head.

"Oh shut up, what do you know?" I replied back to him.

Instead of answering back he just began to mumble incoherent things. Oh boy please let this work, and please don't let Brooke be too annoyed at me.

.

.

.

Brooke

This morning I woke up to the sun shining on my face. It was my birthday and that meany one year older. I turned on my side to look at Darren only to see he wasn't there. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but thought he probably has pack work to do.

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I did the essentials and then went to the closet to grab some clothes I walked down the stairs and saw everyone relaxing in the living room, everyone except Darren.

"Hey guys, where's Darren?" I asked everyone.

They looked at me with wide eyes and Bree was the first one to answer

"He's gone to a pack near by to help a new alpha with some of his pack stuff.He won't be back until tomorrow."

Darren's not here! He left and without telling me first.

Well that's just put a damper on my day. And another thing no one has wished me happy birthday. It's like they've all forgotten. I can't believe Bree, my very best friend, has forgotten my birthday. Oh well, might as well do something to pass the time.

I walked out the front door without telling anyone. I knew they wouldn't care. I grabbed Mason's car keys, and drove into town. I went to the mall and began to look around. I saw a really awesome beanie that said "I'm The Alpha's Mate" I had to buy that. I was getting a bit bored being here because I wanted my friends wit me. It's no fun shopping alone, and I was just about to leave when I felt eyes on me.

I turned around and saw a guy looking at me, watching my every move. I pretended like I didn't notice him and carried on walking a few paces then stopped and looked behind me. They guy had moved forwards as well, getting closer each time I moved. Instead of standing there like a simple minded fool, I ran out of the mall and back to Mason's car.

As I began to drive away, I saw the guy go into the woods and shift into a wolf. The only difference between this wolf and the packs wolves is this one had wild but matted down fur. I shook the feeling of fear away and drove back to the pack house. I was beyond confused of why he started following me around.

.

.

.

Darren

Everything was set up, all I needed to do now is get myself in spiffing clothes and make sure my lovely little luna has the best day of her life. I was worried about her when I was starting to see how she was feeling, and I can tell she is upset I'm not there and that she thinks everyone has forgotten her birthday, but I wanted this to be special.

As I was looking for something nice to wear when I felt fear run through me the only problem is it wasn't my fear which means it's Brooke's, but why would Brooke be feeling fear if she is at the pack house with everyone. There is no reason why she should be feeling scared.

I mind linked Mason and quickly asked,

"Where is Brooke? Please tell me she is with you."

I could feel his confusion through the link before he replied

"Don't worry Darren, she's right ove- shit"

I began to panic

"What Mason, what's wrong?"

"Okay, so don't panic ,but Brooke isn't in the house."

I cut the mind link with him and began running to the pack house. When I got there everyone was in a uproar looking for Brooke. I went to our bedroom and she wasn't there, I checked every place in the God damn house but she wasn't anywhere. We had all got back to the living room when the front door opened and closed. We looked towards the door to see Brooke with fear in her eyes, before she nodded at everyone and went upstairs to our bedroom.

"Don't worry about her Darren. We will keep her company while you finish sorting out her surprise."Bree said to me, heading up the stairs after Brooke.

I nodded my head and ran back to my mother's separate house to get dressed. I have a beautiful mate to cheer up, and I hope she accepts my question.

I sighed as I looked up the stairs watching Bree go make things right with her best friend. I really hated making her this upset, and worst she was upset because of me.

.

.

.

Brooke

I hate life. No one remembers my birthday, Darren's at another pack helping them and I'm stuck in this bedroom because I won't let anyone in. I was laying there, thinking about what would have happened if my parents were still alive. Just as I was drifting off to sleep a paper airplane flew in through the window.

I picked it up and unfolded it to see there was a message. The message said

"No matter what happens I will always be there. How could you think I would forget your birthday crazy girl? Go outside and follow the scattered flower petals. That is where I will be."

I smiled at the note and walked downstairs. There were rose petals leading from the stairs to the front door. When I opened the door there were more leading to the back yard.

At the end of the trail there was a big open space and at the centre was Darren holding a bunch of flowers and smiling cheerfully at me. I ran towards him and jumped into his arms.

"I missed you so much" I whispered in his ear.

"I know Sweetheart, l but I'm here now ,and I just want to say happy birthday."

I grinned and saw that he had made a picnic for us both to enjoy and when I looked back at him he was on one knee with a ring.

I gasped and tears began to form in my eyes then he said "Brooke will you-"

___

___

___

Thank you so much Shannon for this chapter! I loved it! What do you guys think about it?

Read

Vote

Comment

Love My Readers,

Kay