𝘵𝘸𝘰

TWO
"DINNER"

-

"Belle, are you ready to go?"

Isabelle's mother stood by the door of their house while she pulled her shoes on and put her phone into her pocket.

"Yes, pretty much," She called in reply and ran downstairs.

"Can you grab that box on the counter in the kitchen?" her mom asked and she nodded, taking hold of it.

"What's in here?" she asked.

"It's a cake, I thought it would be nice to bring something along" she smiled.

They walked out of the door and walked across the road.

Isabelle's mom knocked on the door, which soon opened to reveal Elizabeth Thomas.

"Hi! Hello! Come on in" she smiled at the mother and daughter and stepped to the side to let them in.

"We have cake!" Isabelle's mom said, gesturing to the box that Isabelle was holding, and Elizabeth smiled, taking it out of her hands.

"I'll take this through to the kitchen, and then Isabelle, I will introduce you to the others, they're all in the living room at the moment."

Isabelle nodded, and waited in the hall until Elizabeth returned and led her into the living room.

There was two boys playing a video game - the oldest and the youngest - and there was a girl and one other boy sitting on their phones.

"Guys, this is Isabelle, she just moved in across the road. Isabelle, this is Charlie, Sam, Kristy and David Michael"

Isabelle smiled at them, and Elizabeth left the room, so she sat down awkwardly on the sofa next to the boy that Elizabeth had introduced as Sam, the one that was her age.

After a moment he put his phone down and turned to her smiling, "Hi, Isabelle"

"Hey... oh and you can call me Belle. Everyone I know does"

"Belle... like the disney princess?" Kristy asked, laughing slightly.

"Yes actually, exactly like the disney princess"

"Alright then" Kristy shrugged and looked back at her phone.

"So, where did you move here from?"

"Brooklyn in New York" she said.

Sam smiled, "Oh that's so cool! I bet it was a shock when you found out that you were moving here"

Isabelle nodded, "yeah, it all happened so quickly" she said, shrugging; "one minute you're in Brooklyn, and the next you're in a whole other state" she said, laughing softly.

"And what do you think of Stoneybrook so far?" he asked, and Isabelle shrugged again, "it's alright, I've not seen much of it yet though"

"Oh, well... seeing that there's still pretty much the whole of summer left, maybe I could show you around?"

Isabelle smiled, "Uhh... sure"

Kristy looked up from her phone, raising her eyebrow at her brother, "since when were you so willing to show someone around Stoneybrook?"

Sam rolled his eyes at his younger sister, "Since I'm willing to be friends with our new neighbour"

"You didn't even know the names of our old neighbours"

Sam pulled a face, "Their children were like ten years younger than me, besides, they were wanting to leave Stoneybrook for years."

"Fine, I'll admit that wasn't the best example" Kristy said, looking back at her phone, making no effort to become friends with Isabelle herself.

"Want to do it tomorrow?" Sam asked, and Isabelle nodded. They put their numbers into each other's phone, and agreed that they would meet outside Isabelle's house the next afternoon.

Elizabeth came in through the section between the living room and the dining room, and she smiled at everyone.

"Guys, why don't you all come and sit down now, dinner is almost ready"

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Don't worry,the book should get better lol

//