The L Word

He's in love with me. I couldn't believe it. I got up and went to go sit with the other boys. Scotty looked at me and then at Kenny, he gave me a glare then walked over to talk with him. Squints was saying something about the assignment for English, I didn't pay attention. A little later we all went to bed. I curled up in my sleeping bag near the corner and fell asleep.

~Morning~

We all woke up at 6am and then went inside the Timmons house to get ready. I was the first one to go inside.

"Hi, sweetheart! You must be Andy!" Ms. Timmons says.

"Yup that’s me," I say smiling.

"The boys talk about you so much, they call you their baseball babe." She says, laughing a little.

"Oh really?" I say laughing too.

"It was good to meet you, I should probably get going," She hugs me then I walk into the bathroom. A few of the boys were in there brushing their teeth too. 

Once everyone was done we headed to school. Because Benny was the tallest I was getting a piggyback ride from him. Kenny, Scotty, and Alan kept glancing at us. We got to school and Benny put me down.

I had Health first period, how nice. As I walked inside the classroom two cheerleaders came up to me and said,

"Hello! We are having cheer tryouts next week on Tuesday after school in the gym, we hope to see you there!" They handed me a flyer then walked away. My girl bestie Mekenzie walked in a few minutes later and we started talking about the tryouts. Turns out we’re both going to tryouts. After classes ended, Mekenzie and I walked home together. We went inside and saw the gang in Scotty's room. Kenzie and I worked on some homework, made food, you know the usual. The boys came inside my room and we all were hanging out. Most of the boys were talking about baseball tryouts and whatnot. The boys left to play ball at the sandlot but Kenny and Yeah-Yeah stayed.

"He told me everything," Alan says.

"Oh," I say

"I'm not mad, Kenny I don't want you around her anymore."

"Hey! He's my best friend, nothing is going to happen!" I say, trying to keep the edge out of my voice but failing miserably. 

"I trust you, it's Kenny I don't trust," Alan says. I roll my eyes and went downstairs with Mekenzie, the boys followed. 

"Get out guys!," Kenzie says.

~Time Skip~

It's almost 9pm, I got out of the shower and got dressed. My Aunt is out of town on a business meeting and Scotty is at the Sandlot so I was having a sleepover with Mekenzie. I was wearing black leggings with a white crop top when I heard the window open, Kenzie. 

"Hey bitch," I say

"Hey loser," She says. She was wearing gray sweatpants with a bright orange hoodie that says, "Bitch" on it. I grabbed her bag and threw it on the bed, she tackled me. Laughing I got up and went to the bed. Kenzie took off her hoodie and pulled out another matching one that said "Loser" 

"Custom made and super obnoxious like us" She burst out laughing and so did I. She tossed the hoodie saying Loser on it to me, I pulled it over my head then hugged her. I grabbed my wallet and pulled my hair into a messy ponytail. Kenzie did the same and climbed out the window. I saw Alan in his room, he looked at me and smiled, I smiled back. 

We walked to Vincents and bought chocolate and popcorn, then rented a scary movie. 

When we got home it was 11pm, Alan was sitting outside with his back against my house, he looked as if he was crying. Kenzie saw and went to the front. I walk up to him and sat down, putting my head on his shoulder

"Can I sleep at your house?" He says. I nod. He climbs in his window and grabs his overnight things then comes over. 

I put the movie in the VCR and sat on the couch and grabbed a big bowl to put the popcorn and chocolate in. I sat down in the middle of my closes friends, Alan was on my right and Mekenzie on my left. I fell asleep halfway through the movie. I was practically on top of Kenzie.

~Time Skip~

I woke up to Mackenzie pushing me off her, I landed on Yeah-Yeah and popcorn. 

"Hey babe," He says while turning me over on my back. He kisses my neck.

"Ew get a room,"  Kenzie says while walking to the bathroom. I laughed and got up to start making breakfast. 

We all went to the sandlot and played ball. 

After an hour we took a break and hung out in the dugout. Kenny pulled me aside and said, "Hey so about yesterday, I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that." 

"It's okay but just know that I don't feel the same towards you."