01 || A Workout After Death

•••

•••

"Guardian...

Guardian? Eyes up Guardian!"

I blinked.

Everything was blurry and I shakily stood from the scratchy ground in a daze. My vision started to tunnel and I shook my head trying to shake off the dizziness when a mechanical sound snatched my attention. I jerked my head up to see a floating white robot made up of eight small pyramids and one optic. It was staring at me.

"It worked... You're alive!" It whizzed in delight, "You don't know how long I've been looking for you."

My eyes widened, Holy shit it talked. I hastily looked around at the rust filled barren land of god knows where and then turned back to the thing as it went on.

"I'm a Ghost. Actually, now I'm your Ghost. And you... " It trailed off. My fingertips started to prickle and I looked down at my hands, flexing them before looking back up, as it continued, "Well, you've been dead a long time. So, you're going to see a lot of things you won't understand-"

A deep screech echoed across the deadlands.

I tensed and took a step back, what the fuck was that?! I whipped my head around trying to see what made that sound. The- my Ghost turned in a panic towards the direction it came from before turning back to me again.

"This is Fallen territory. We aren't safe here." It said urgently, looking around and glancing at me, "I have to take you to the City."

It floated forwards a few paces, before coming back to me. "Hold still."

The Ghost suddenly disappeared in a white flash and I jumped back in surprise, looking around the rusty old cars and vast crumbling wall that loomed above eerily. Slight panic gripped my chest, as the thought of being alone without any defence filled my mind. Also, where the fuck am I?

"Don't worry. I'm still with you. We need to move, fast." The Ghost's voice somehow echoed in my mind.

Oh good, more confusion.

I stood still, unsure of where to go until my Ghost spoke once again.

"We won't survive long out in the open like this. Let's get inside the wall."

I reluctantly started to make my way down towards the rusted and partially destroyed wall, looking at it in confusion. This place really doesn't look familiar. I tried to remember what happened before all of... this, but nothing. Absolutely no memories.

I turned around slowly, observing the unfamiliar place, before picking up the pace and jogging down the dirt path. At least the sun is shining happily.

...Yeah no.

Picking up speed, I quickly -and awkwardly- climbed over some of the rusted old cars, as the screech echoed once again. It sounded closer and scared a flock of birds into flight.