𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙠𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨 - 𝙀𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙚 -

this is everywhere lmao sorry, I switched it up and it didn't rlly come out how I wanted it too so I might re write it, rn I'm just focusing on school so this was just a fun distraction

requested by: Mirelle1002

——————

I felt the skin on my back begin to turn raw as it rubbed against the rocky ground through my shirt, the clicker that had managed to pin me down continuously clashed its teeth together in attempt to gnaw into my collarbone.

"fuck" I cursed, feeling the rusty metal pole I was using to hold it off start to give out. before I could even come up with a plan I felt the weight of the monster give out as it was shoved to the side, Jesse's hunting knife in its head.

"did it get you?" he asked breathless, "no I'm good, just scared the shit out of me" I joked as he pulled me off the ground.

he scoffed at my words "we need to get you back to Jackson (y/n), your covered in blood"

he wasn't wrong, but its not like all of it was mine. The reason behind my behavior wasn't so surprising either. It had all started about three hours ago, I had a small fight with Ellie which ended up escalating into a full on argument, we both left for patrol angry, silently deciding to switch partners since neither of us wanted to be around each other at the moment.

Because of this I got pretty impulsive during patrol, and ended up alarming a whole group of clickers. I took a huge fucking risk and make some pretty shitty decisions, which ended up in me receiving a huge gash in my shoulder while trying to escape the hoard.

_

By the time we had make it back to camp, my vision had started to go in and out of focus because of blood loss. If Jesse wasn't there, I probably would've died.

after a few stiches while getting scolded my Maria and tommy and a quick nap I was back on my feet, the others hadn't returned from patrol yet, which I was thankful for, there was no way in hell I was going to let Ellie know I had gotten hurt the one time she wasn't there.

_

The sun had just started to go down when I heard my door slam open and shut, I rolled my eyes and closed the comic book I was reading before turning around to face the person who had entered.

"Dina knocking isn't that hard-" I cut myself off when I noticed that the person standing at the door wasn't in fact Dina but the fiery red head I had been trying to avoid instead.

I opened my mouth to talk but she had already beat me to it. "is there something you wanna tell me?" she asked, obviously implying something

I raised an eyebrow at her "like and apology? because im pretty sure you should be the one to apologize-" "not what I meant" she cut me off while running her hand through her hair.

"well besides that I have nothing else to say to you" I turned away from her. truth be told I wasn't even mad at her for the argument earlier anymore.

"quit with the fucking act (y/n), Jesse told me about what happened during patrol"

that snitch

I turned back to face her, silently planning on feeding Jesse to a clicker next time I see him.

I picked at the skin around my nails "It wasn't even that big of a deal, he's just blowing things out of proportion"

"blowing things out of proportion?! you had a hole in your fucking shoulder! you could've bled out. it was reckless and stupid."

ouch

I had seen Ellie's anger before, but it had never been directed at me. and id be lying if I said she wasn't scary as fuck when she was angry.

I stood up, facing her fully "look I'm sorry okay? is that what you wanted to hear? last time I checked you were my friend, not my fucking babysitter"

that came out a lot harsher than I intended

the look of hurt on her face was enough to tell me I had gone too far, and it wasn't like she had lied. I was reckless, I made stupid decisions, and I ended up paying for it,

she walked closer to me her eyes focused on mine "As your friend its my job to care, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if you had died out there because of something I started"

I knew what she meant, the only reason I had acted like that was because of the argument we had before patrol. It was a mutual argument and yet she blamed herself.

"Ellie you cant really believe that me getting hurt was your fault" I said softly, crossing my arms over my chest

"of course I do! fucking hell (y/n) you never act like that, your always the responsible and vigilant one. what the hell happened out there?" her voice cracked a little at the end and her eyes were glossy.

as I stared back at her, it had only now occurred to me why she had reacted like this. Our friendship had always seemed to overstep certain boundaries, we did things friends didn't do. we were indebted to each other in a way that surpassed the expectations of friendship. We had never talked about it so I assumed that it was all in my head, that this 'thing' that we had was purely circumstantial. But standing here now, I knew I was lying to myself. lying to her.

a quiet 'sorry' was all I was able to breath out while she wrapped her arms around my waist, her forehead leaning on my shoulder.

"I love you" she responded

"I love you too"

That night we didn't talk about what those words meant. we would say what needed to be said eventually. but a hug was good enough for now.