"𝙄 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪" - 𝙀𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙚 -

Hi hi hi this took me rlly long to get done lmao, sorry its super short im starting online school today so this is probably my last oneshot for a while lmao

Requested by : Mirelle1002

——-

I gently pulled the elastic out of my hair, strands falling in my face in the process. I looked at myself in the mirror, my face was covered in small scratches, blood starting to bead on a few.

I sleepily grabbed a damp washcloth and started to disinfect the small cuts when I heard my door open and shut, followed by footsteps.

"y/n?" I heard a small and tired voice call me out. I peeked my head out the doorframe, smiling at the familiar redhead. She immediately noticed me and made eye contact while I went back to facing the mirror. Nearly seconds later her arms were wrapped around my waist lazily, her chest pressed against my back, eyes following the movement of my hands as I continued to clean my face.

"what happened?" she mumbled quietly, obviously meaning why I was covered in scratches.

"I tripped over a tree branch" I responded, fully expecting her to laugh. Which of course she did, she tried to hold it in, but in all honesty it was pretty funny.

I nudged her with my elbow lightly while turning around to face her, my back now facing the mirror. I tried to look hurt at her airy laughs, but I couldn't stop myself from laughing along with her.

"I love you" I felt the air get knocked out of my lungs when she spoke those words. Sure Ellie and I have been dating for almost a year now, and we've had plenty intimate moments, but I've never expected her to be the first one to say 'the L word'.

I could see her start to get nervous when I didn't respond right away, I smiled to myself as I gently pulled her into a kiss, I could feel her smile into the kiss as my nose scrunched up slightly. I felt giddy, even after being together for months she could still make me feel butterflies.

I broke the kiss and felt myself smile "I love you too"

she let out a sigh, "oh thank god, I thought you were gonna break up with me when you didn't say it back" she half joked.

I pushed her shoulder jokingly "shut up" I said between laughs.