☁️Norton x Reader☁️

You whine The small girl limped her way inside the giant building she grew to call home, after her tiring match against Bloody Queen. Her friend waiting at the entrance for her to return, his eyes lit up and a smile made its way to the prospectors face as soon as he caught a glimpse of the girl in the distance, but that smile soon vanished as he watches her limp her way back. Full of concern, Norton rushed to Y/N's aid, "Y/N! welcome back" he spoke softly, not mentioning the pain she could be in, as he threw her arm over his shoulder, she smiled happily at him in return.

The girl always put her fellow survivors before herself, for example, rescuing on half health, although she usually pulls them off, due to this, this wasn't the first, and definitely not the last time Y/N's come back to Norton in this condition. Nothing much was said as the girl focused on keeping her breathing steady, her grip tight around the man's neck while her eyes closed.

It was a rather long walk to Emily's office type room, the infirmary, Y/N kept getting concerned and worried looks from the survivors, but it's not like she saw many of them at all, wondering inside, the doctor looks up at her clipboard as the sound of doors fills her ears, she smiles softly at the two, basically, regular visitors, in which, Y/N's eyes opened to the sight of Emily sitting in a chair among her bright, white room, besides the people, it was the brightest sight among this place.

Norton sat the girl on one of the many white-sheeted beds as he brought up a chair beside her for Emily, "Good afternoon you too" she spoke with a soft smile as she said besides the bed "good morning Emily!" Y/N smiled wildly at the doctor in which she responded with a sigh. "What problems did you bring me for today Miss Y/N" she complained as the two girls laughed. Norton who was sitting opposite Y/N on the bed was only worried for his friend, he was surprised Emily hadn't warned her to be more careful, although, there was no real stopping the girl with her cheerful determination.

"You're once again lucky, no serious damage was found, sometimes I wonder how you keep all this up" Emily laughed at the embarrassed girl with a smile. She wasn't sure herself, before arriving at the manor, she couldn't care less about other human beings, she wasn't stuck up or anything, she just found other people to be a complete and utter waste of her time.

After the doctor had bandaged any wounds, scratches, and all, she felt almost refreshed, aside from the utter exhaustion she was feeling, she let out a yawn and stretched as she stood up from the bed. "Thank you once again Doc!" the girl laughed steadily.

She looked at her friend, who hadn't said a word since the welcome back when she first entered back the premises, she smiled warmly at the boy who just sent her a worried glance, her smile turned to that of an awkward one, she hadn't thought of what her friend may be feeling, but she realized, she should've, as his pained small smile came into view. Norton had shared his concern and feelings with the girl multiple times before, but she normally joked it off, telling him that its 'really no biggie' Of course the prospector saw it in a completely different light.

Emily sent them both off, to treat the next couple of survivors who had just wandered in from a different round, the girl guiltily, with a lump in her throat, followed the boy around the manor as per usual. Her arms crossed as she pouted, it was clear to almost everyone, something had happened between Norton and Y/N.

They entered the main lobby for survivors and sat down with their friends, Mike, Naib and Eli, who gave the two a weird look. "Is everything okay?" Eli spoke first, trying to break the troubles out, but the only troubles were a worry and guilt. Y/N smiled softly with a nod "Of course, why wouldn't it be?" she laughed softly at her friends in confusion in which the three boys responded with a sigh.