Chapter 11: Jay's Admirer

"We can't tell the guys." I say as we start checking out.

        "I know. We'll never hear the end of it." Nathan says, laughing. He hands the cashier the money and waits for change as I take the bag.

         "No kidding." I laugh. He thanks the girl and takes my hand as we walk out of the store. My phone vibrates in my pocket and I pull it out to see a text from Jay.

         'Having fun?' He asks.

         'Yeah. Nath is busy with looking at hats so I left him.' I reply.

          'Haha nice is he being nice?' Jay texts back after a minute.

          'We're not really talking to each other. Which is fine by me.'

          'I wish he wasn't acting like such a jerk. He's a really good guy. I don't know what's gotten into him.'

          'It's fine. I don't care. Let him do whatever he likes.'

         'You're so much like Mom (:' Jay replies. I smile.

          "Who're you texting Miss Smiley?" Nathan asks me, raising his eyebrows.

          "My other boyfriend back home." I joke.

             "Oh, so you're cheating on me?" He asks, playing along.

               "It's more like I'm cheating on him." I laugh. "It's Jay. He's asking if you're being nice."

               "What'd you tell him?" He asks. I show him and he laughs. "Technically you told him that I'm too busy looking at hats to pay attention to you?"

             "Pretty much."

             "That'll never happen." He says, smiling. His smile killed me.

               "Maybe not, but he believed it."

              "Jay believes a lot of things." He says. I laugh. "Let's go in this store. You can get a design pressed on a shirt that you pick out from a big book." Nathan points to a store across the mall.

             "Okay. Come on." I say and we make our way to the store. We go in and find the book of designs.

             "Maddie! Over here!" Nathan says, motioning for me to come over to him. We were at seperate books so I walked halfway across the store to him.

          "What is it?" I ask. He pulls me to his side and points. It had a picture of The Wanted. I smile.

          "Look how sexy I look in that picture." He says, shaking his head.

           "You wish." I joke, laughing. Just then, the only employee working, who just happened to be a girl, looked up and gasped.

            "You're Nathan Sykes." She says, coming out from behind the counter.

             "Hi." He smiles at her.

             "H-h-hi." She makes out. He laughs.

              "Can we get this on a fitted black shirt?" He asks her, pointing to the picture.

               "Of course! What size?" She asks.

                "Maddie, tell her." He says to me.

                 "Why?" I ask him.