18 | bittersweat goodbyes

-b r y n n-

You know when you're young and you read or watch stuff that says hangovers are awful?

I'd always believe they over exaggerating, but wow was I wrong, they sucked.

My head was pounding so bad that I wanted to stay away from the blaring sunlight, but sadly, we had school.

After last night when Lila told me what the boys were up to by chasing away others from us, she told them something along the lines of 'we were going to another club' but we just called it a night.

Plus it was a good look to get knowing we got under their skins.

Sadly, the drinks and dancing didn't help me forget the fact that Blake had lied, and I was trying really hard to not overreact.

But I couldn't.

What made that harder though was the fact that Blake Gray was standing at my door.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I need to talk to you," he says and I roll my eyes.

"I don't want to, and I have class," I lie.

"You're really bad at lying. I know your first class starts in an hour," he says.

"Blake I don't want to talk to you," I say.

Maybe I was wrong, but pushing away Blake before I fell even deeper for him, seemed like the best option.

Although I think it's far too late, I have already fallen too deeply for him.

"Come on, please," he spoke with a nervous look on his face.

"I'm sorry, but I actually have to be somewhere," I say and lock my door.

At least this time I didn't lie? I actually had to get to work right now.

After reaching, I quickly get ready and take to the first customer. Who happens to be Blake. Great!

I groan. "What are you doing here?" I huff, trying to tie my apron from behind with great difficulty.

"I'm trying to order," he grins and I go on.

"What can I get you today?" I ask.

"A decaf, please," he smiles.

"Alright," I say and walk away after that.

It had been 45 minutes since I started working and Blake still hadn't left.

But since class was starting now, I had no choice but to talk to him. I step out Starbucks and he is quick to follow.

"Brynn, I'm sorry I lied to you," he whispered and held my arm for me to stop walking.

"It doesn't matter," I continue walking.

"Yes it does, I never planned on going. And I'm sorry I didn't call,"

"It honestly doesn't matter Blake, we should just move on, right?" I ask.

"No, I don't want you to talk to me less. I want to make everything okay," he says. Hope gleaming in his eyes.

Was what I was doing stupid? Yes, yes yes 100 times yes, but being this close to him and seeing him pining over another girl, well it sucked.

And I can't handle it. Here goes my stupidest plan.

"Look Blake, we got what we wanted right? You got your good grade and you get to play football. And in return for it I got a life," I bit out a forced laugh.

"And it was good how long it lasted. But you don't need me anymore, so let's just stop okay?" I ask, praying— no, begging to god that I don't spill the tears that are threatening to spill out.

He stays quiet for a second, well what seems like way more than a second— forever actually. But then he spoke. "Y-you don't want to be friends anymore?" He asks, his voice cracking a little.

"Yes," I whisper and hold my fists together, hoping the tears stay in.

"You don't want us to ever hang out again?" He asks once again.

"Yes," I say, and that is when the tear slips out.

Then another, and then another.

My will power was gone out the door when that stupid suggestion left my mouth.

"Brynn, are you serious?" He whispers.

Not able to find the will power in me to speak to him as his glare pierced into my eyes, I only nodded.

He stays still, staring at me silently. The hurt that scanned across his face caused yet another tear to flow down.

I'm dumb, I'm dumb, I'm dumb. I know I'm dumb. But imagine seeing your crush walking around with the love of his life, while you are stuck in the sidelines, watching? It didn't sound like a dream to be a part of.

I'd rather pull away beforehand than get hurt later. Selfish, I know.

"Bye Brynn," he whisper taking one last look at me, then walking away.

I felt more tears roll over after he left.

♕♕♕

Sorry it was a shorter chapter! Also I just wanted to say thank you for all your sweet comments!

What did you guys think of this chapter? Let me know by commenting!

Question of the day: favourite Wattpad book? It doesn't have to be a fanfic.