snapshots (f)

au where mafu is a trans guy
this is rlly self indulgent bc im projecting kinda

anyways i love trans aus

"What're you doing, Muffin?"

The albino turns around to face his boyfriend who rested his upper body on top of the couch. Rubbing his face on Mafu's brilliant bright hair, he peered into the younger's phone.

"Looking at old pictures of us!" the albino said with a bright smile plastered on his lips, giggling at the feeling of Soraru's face nuzzling his hair.

Soraru was doing the chores that morning. As he walked away from the washing machine that lay adjacent to their bathroom, he caught a glimpse of his boyfriend sitting on the couch, giggling to himself as he swiped through past photos.

Seeing Mafu happy and giggly in the morning always made Soraru's heart do flips, and his soft smile as he looked at every small bit of the pictures is something Soraru knew he'd never forget.

Peering at Mafu's phone, Soraru was met with a shocked expression. There on Mafu's phone were several collages of his peaceful sleeping face.

"You've taken pics of me sleeping? I didn't know my boyfriend was this creepy.." Soraru teased, flicking Mafu's forehead. The raven planted one kiss right at the spot he flicked, giving Mafu a grin as he pulled back.

"Soraru-san's bedhead is funny! I can't help it~!!"

Soraru continued to do some chores for the day, picking up the clothes from the dryer and shoving them into their wardrobe. Mafu had initially insisted on doing the chores, but Soraru was persistent that he took the day to relax.

Lately, the albino had been working four countless of days and nights, despite Soraru and his clients' reminders to take breaks. The albino was stubbon, for sure, and it took the raven a long time to convince the younger that he should rest before he hurts himself again.

Though Mafu started the day being bored out of his mind with Soraru banning him from his workroom for a full day, Mafu found nothing interesting to do until he started browsing at the thousands of images he had on his phone.

Once Soraru was done, he made his way to his previous spot on the couch, peering at Mafu from above him.

"Look at this one Soraru-san!" The albino pushed his phone to Soraru's face to show him an older picture from roughly six years ago.

The raven smiles as he looks at the old piece of their past, it was of him and Mafu when they had just started dating. Though he didn't change much, Mafu did. The albino was smiling brightly, his long tied-up hair being swept lightly by the gentle breeze.

"Can you believe I used to look like that?! Pffft-"

The albino pulls his arm back, beckoning Soraru to sit next to him as he scrolled through more pictures in his gallery. As Soraru made himself comfortable on the soft seating, Mafu had scooted closer to him, showing him another picture.

"Oh I remember this one," Soraru chuckles. "That's the time you tried to cut your own hair right? Cleaning up your hair was a nightmare, honestly. You ended up looking like a shaggy ass dog too."

"You're so mean!" Mafu pouted, jokingly sticking out his tongue. In an attempt to tease the albino even more, Soraru planted a small kiss on his nose, making Mafu turn redder by the second.

"You've gotten better at it though.."

Huffing, Mafu pressed his cheek on Soraru's shoulder, swiping through more pictures.

Eventually, the albino's hand stopped moving. His face softened as he saw the photo, burying his face in Soraru's arm.

The picture dated around 5 years back. Though it was a simple selfie of Mafu in the bathroom with Soraru peeking in from the back, seeing the image made the albino feel warmer and warmer, as if a wave of nostalgia had hit him and pulled him under.
"This was after you came out to me..." Soraru smiles, looking at the shocked smile and overwhelming joy in Mafu's expression in the photo. "You looked so happy when I gave that to you; I remember hearing you freak out when you looked in the mirror, you're so cute.."

"Jeez, why are you so sappy today? It's just a binder..."

"That's rich coming from you of all people, Maffy. Look at you, you've got a big dumb smile on your face." The raven's hand snakes up to pinch the younger's cheek, getting a high-pitched squeak as a response.

"I can't help it, okay! I didn't expect you to accept and stay with me...and you gave me this just out of the blue.. how am I not supposed to get all sentimental?!"

The two laid on the couch, resting against the velvety cushions, laughing as they continued to look at pictures of them together.

From mesmerizing photos of their blossoming relationship, to simple pictures of Soraru's sleeping face, cute-looking food that they had bought ages ago, shots of their new apartment, Mafu's silly face as he laid drunk on a bar table, and many more.

After scrolling through some pictures of cats they encountered on their date to a cat café, Mafu was met with a video of himself, looking into the mirror as he spoke.

Though his current voice was still slightly higher than most of his friends, hearing his voice from years ago made him realize just how far he'd come.

"Your first few weeks, huh? I remember that," Soraru gently pets the younger's hair as he looked through more pictures and videos of Mafu documenting his progress. "You got really excited when you realized your voice started to crack."

"Don't act like you weren't excited too, Soraru-san! You couldn't stop smiling that day!"

"Hey, can't a guy be happy for his boyfriend?"

The two exchanged some laughs, going back to look at Mafu's phone right after. Every swipe washed the two over with a sense of comfort, familiarity, nostalgia. Looking at all the fragments of their history together just filled the two men with a sense of euphoria.

After passing through an abundance of cat photos, some silly selfies the two took with friends, and the occasional shots of Soraru, the two stumbled upon a picture that was taken not too long ago, around a few months back from the present.

It was a picture of Mafu, standing proudly and happily with scars lining the bottom of his chest; followed by an image from a few weeks ago of him confidently preforming alone on stage, presumably sent by a staff member.

Mafu could only smile as he remembered those days. The welcoming warmth he felt as he looked as his body was a foreign feeling, yet one he accepted nonetheless. It had been forever since he felt at home in this body.

The response Soraru had for him only made him warmer.

He remembered the joyful tears they shed together as they looked into the mirror, Mafu's tears of triumph and accomplishment and Soraru's tears of love and happiness. Seeing Mafu being so happy and fully comfortable being himself filled Soraru with the same unspeakable happiness Mafu felt.

Months passed, and the duo was set to preform live once more. Seeing the albino move and preform so confidently onstage, being able to live freely without worrying about anything, it made Soraru's heart beat faster as he saw his lover living his happiest life.

God knows the struggles Mafu had to go through in his life. The world had set out to hurt and break the albino, yet seeing the albino's face every single day of his life since they got together had made Soraru realize that Mafu was probably, no, definitely the strongest person he knew

And seeing him thrive affirmed that even more.

"Eh? Soraru-san, what's with that weird smile on your face?"

Mafu tilted his head as he looked up at Soraru, who only gave him a small laugh before planting a kiss on Mafu's forehead, smiling when he heard the albino giggle.

"I'm just really happy for you.. I mean, just look at how far you've come," Soraru started, his face flushing slightly. His gaze was focused on the younger, releasing a contented sigh as his hand trailed down to cup Mafu's hand in his. "I'm really proud of you y'know."

Mafu stayed silent. Soraru was rarely ever vocal about his feelings; moments like these were rare. He could only lean himself onto Soraru's broader body, burying his red face in the older's chest.

"If it weren't for Soraru-san, I would've never made it..." Mafu mumbled into the older's chest, his ears a burning shade of red. Soraru always loved seeing Mafu like this, he would often blush and get flustered each time the raven was honest with his feelings. "I love you, Soraru-san.."

Mafu looked up, searching for an answer in Sorarus sapphire blues. As he drowned in the endless ocean of brilliant blue, he could feel Soraru pull him in for a kiss.

Their lips gently connected, the warmth within their feelings becoming one. Though the kiss they shared was short, it left the two breathless as they continued to embrace.

"I love you, Mafumafu." Soraru sighs out, his hands holding Mafu firmly yet gently.

"I love you too, Soraru-san!"

The two stayed in each others arms for a while, content with each others presence before deciding to entertain themselves for the rest of the day, together as always.

A new memory had begun to form in Mafu's mind, drawing the albino to take one more picture.

He snapped a photo of the bright blue sky. Though the quality was far from perfect, some of the sun's rays hitting the lens of the phone, it was still perfect to the albino.

A sunny summer sky that reminded him of Soraru. The way the endless blue and golden sunrays would touch the earth with its light reminded him of how the raven would always be by his side.

Even though he was different from everyone else, even though he had to go more hardships than anyone he knew.

Mafu knew that Soraru would always be with him, giving him support and love til the end of time.

this took me 8 hours to write lol
also trans rights