Chapter Five: Bonfire

I woke up and found Montana beside me

I woke up and found Montana beside me. "Where's everybody?" I asked her, gathering my scrambled thoughts.

"They went out to make a camp bonfire, if you want we can just stay here" Montana simply answered.

"We should go and catch up with them" I said, standing up.

"tough, can't do. Xavier almost choked me for bringing you here. He wants you to stay in this cabin"

I've had enough of the bullshit Xavier's telling my friends and I what to do.

"I've had enough of this bullcrap, Montana." I said, annoyed at the fact that dip shit is acting so caring after all the things he did to me. "He can't just tell us what we need to do or not, he's not part of my life anymore." I stood up.

"You're right, we need to show him that you can do it on your own. Like a motherfucking bad ass bitch" Montana smiling, now we're on the same page.

We both walked out of the cabin and went to the bonfire. Ray and Chet greeted us, Xavier giving Montana the what the hell look but Montana just gave him a middle finger.

I sat beside Ray who's happy to see me.

"You're alive and kicking" Ray said, I chuckled and gave him a smile.

Rita was here, the nurse. She was introduced to us by Margaret while she was touring us earlier.

We all saw that Xavier and Montana was having an argument, when they realized that all of our eyes were on them they stopped and sat down from where they were sitting.

"What's with these two huh?" Rita asked us. Montana was about to speak but Xavier spoke first.

"You see Ellie here was attacked by the Nightstalker two weeks ago. She's not safe here knowing that the Nightstalker left a mark on her wrist." Xavier explained, looking at me then back to Rita.

"Oh come on, Xav. Take a chill pill, what do you think? The Nightstalker will follow her here? Nobody followed us" Montana answered.

"I don't care about you, I just feel like she's in danger." Xavier said, biting his lips then looking down. He started nonchalantly kicking the small rocks on the ground.

"Oh, please. I can't believe the audacity you have, Xav. Nothing bad is gonna happen here." Montana said rolling her eyes.

I do get him. Maybe he still cares for me, right?

"Maybe not, but something did" Rita started.

"14 years ago, that's why they close this place down-"

"Rita, I totally understand the tradition and all but Ellie-" Xavier cuts off Rita but he was cut off by the girl beside him.

"Bullshit, let the nurse finish. All I hear is Ellie that, Ellie this" she said annoyed. Xavier shuts his mouth and just looked at me. He knew stories like this always haunts me. He's the only one who knows this weird phobia of mine.

My parents were killed by a psycho killer. I can't say that I watched them die, I was hiding in one of my mother's drawer. All I could hear was their piercing screams.

Rita started telling the story of Mr. Jingles, the guy who killed the councilors in this camp 14 years ago. I did tried my best to stay and listen to her story.

But a story like this brings back memories, I remembered that day. I couldn't breathe suddenly. So I stood up and excused myself.

"Fucking breathe, Ellie" I told myself as I calm myself.

I heard rustling sound of dead leaves from behind me, I turn around and gulped. Is it the Nightstalker? Is he here for me?

I was about to scream the living shit out of me, when the black haired girl appeared.

"Holy shit, not cool dude not cool" I said, my hands are on my chest. "I almost punched-"

"Enough of the bullshit, Elizabeth" The girl said, her hands on both sides of her waist. My brows were furrowed in complete confusion. "Stop with being the little fragile baby that everyone needs to be protected. I am not enjoying myself tonight with Xavier because of you" She continued, pointing her fingers at me.

"Wh-what are you saying?" Tears are begging to fall down in my eyes.

"Oh please, stop pretending. Xavier's focus, was on you. So please, stop this. Whatever you two had was in the past. Move on, bitch. Xavier's my date" Then she poured the can of beer on my head. I gasped, I couldn't do anything.

I want to slap her, I want to drown her in the lake and I want to kill her. But I couldn't, she's Xavier's. I can't hurt her. I saw him and this bitch laughing earlier.

"That's a pretty bitchy move" I said, biting my lips. My fists were already curled up and ready to punch.

"Because i'm a proud bitch, Ellie" I feel disgusted when she said my name. I walked pass her and got the group's attention.

Xavier stood up running towards me. Montana was asking what happened but I ignored her. Tears running down my cheeks, I smell like a beer now.

"Ellie what happened?" Xavier grab both of my arms, his eyes shows genuine sympathy.

I want to hug him, I want to be so close to him but it took only a second to remember that this was his fault. He brought the girl, because of him I felt miserable. He broke my heart, he left me.

My face suddenly changes, he knew that I was mad at him.

"Let go of me, don't you dare touch me" I growled between my teeth, giving him that death glare.

"Not until you tell me what happened" He insisted.

"Your fucking girlfriend did this, happy now? Because I am fucking not since you fucking left!" I yelled on his face then pushed him away. Ray, Chet and Montana followed but I stopped them.

"You guys just stay here, I just need some time alone" I told them. Ray was about to say something but Montana pats his back and motion him to go back to the bonfire.

I made my way to the cabin, I washed my hair then changed my clothes. I held the yellow shirt I was wearing, my favorite shirt. This was his shirt, the only shirt he left. I washed it in the sink and dried it outside the cabin.

I made way inside the cabin and lay on first bed I saw.

I snuggled up and just cry. Why is this happening to me? I was crying for I don't know how long, I fell asleep when I felt someone lay beside me.

I was about to panic but the scent was very familiar.

Xavier.