Chapter Twelve: 1984

I slowly opened my eyes and was blinded by the bright lights

Where am I?

I asked myself. Am I in heaven? Everything was white and bright. I was starting to convince myself that I was really in heaven but then I heard that beeping sound.

"You're awake" A nurse smiled at me. My brows were knitted in confusion.

"Wh-what happened?"I asked her.

"You're one of the survivors at Redwood massacre" She said.

One of the survivors? Where's Xavier. Did he make it out alive? I tried my best to stand up but the nurse stopped me. "You need to take a rest. It's not good for the baby"

"The what?" I asked, shocked.

"You're a week pregnant, Miss." She said.

"Wh-what? How long am I knocked out?" I asked her.

"About two weeks and a half, I guess?" She said, before leaving. I'm pregnant? Xavier got me pregnant, that day at the Camp. I could still remember as if it was yesterday.

I don't know if I should cry or jump in joy. We're having a baby.

My hands somehow find its way to my tummy. "I'm having a baby." I told myself, still not believing what the nurse told me.

"Xavier would be happy." I smiled, tears running down my cheeks. "Xavier!" I suddenly remembered. I need to see him. I made my way out of my room and straight to where the nurses are.

"Hi, i'm looking for Xavier Plympton." I told the nurse. "We were the survivors from the Camp Redwood massacre." I told the nurse. My ear to ear smile slowly fades away when the nurse's face gave me that sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry, Miss Wilson. But there's no Xavier Plympton recorded on our end. You can check the bodies at the morgue-"

"B-but the other nurse told me that I was one of the survivors, who are the others?" I cut him off.

"You and Brooke Thompson" He said, reading the name on the paper he's holding "That's all, the rest of the people in the camp were found dead."

My heart shattered to pieces, my knees trembled.

"Miss? Are you okay?" The nurse asked, I fall to my knees and cried. The nurse quickly made his way next to me.

Xavier died. He died. We were having a baby, he's gonna be a father. I will never see his face, I will never see his reaction if he finds out i'm pregnant. I will never see him again.