ch - 18

Damian's POV

I  opened my eyes and yawned  after getting a good 2 hours sleep and got up . after getting ready and putting my suit and mask on , I went downstairs for  breakfast .  I yawned as I made my way downstairs . now you probably would be thinking , what about my test ? Well death said that he will take my test tomorrow morning because of the incident last night . speaking  of death  , he went to his realm to get some more scrolls for my  study  , how exciting .

I entered the dining room and sat on a chair which was away from them all . I  sat there with my arms crossed , waiting for my breakfast .  just then Alfred came and placed my plate in front of me  .

“ thanks Alfred " I said and started eating my breakfast . it was my favorite .

“ welcome , young master "  wait , he never replies . he always just nods and walk away . I  looked at him and almost jumped back to see that he was smiling . why is he smiling ?! Is something wrong with him !? We both stared at each other for a few seconds  , then he walked away leaving me to stare as he walked away. Huh weird .

I started eating my breakfast  again . feeling someone stare at me , I looked at the family to see that they all minus batman  were staring at me. Feeling my hunger vanish , I was filled with the wish  of leaving my breakfast and go somewhere else , anywhere but away from here .

right on cue , my  phone dinged , signaling I had a message . it was from raven . it said ‘ are you free today ? ' . I replied  with a ‘ yes I'm free , why ? ' . after a few seconds she replied ‘ I want to go to the fair , but every one is busy . will you go with me ?  ' .
‘ alright ' I replied . ‘ OK , what time ’ I looked at the clock , it was eight right now and I also have to study so I replied with ‘ 1 pm '  . ‘ OK , see you there ' ‘ OK ' . I began eating my breakfast again ignoring the stares of this weird family .

I was waiting at the entrance of the fare while having my hands in my hoodie's pocket . I was without my mask , so I was wearing my hoodie .

“ hi , thanks for coming " I turned around and saw raven standing there
“ no problem , I also needed an escape  " she chuckled

“ why ? The bats driving you crazy ? "

“ yeah "

we walked into the fair and there were tons of  rides there and there were also many shops and the bonus point was that it wasn't very crowded . for the rest of the day we were chilling , eating cotton candy ( it was pure sugar ) , winning many  gifts
( the shopkeeper shooed us away because he didn't want his business ruined  ) . we even took the giant wheel ride but it wasn't that much fun as it was day time . right now we were
Looking at the setting sun .

“ its beautiful isn't it " raven said

“ yeah , its really beautiful "

“ Damian , can I talk to you about something "

“ sure "

“ its about your father "

“ what about death ? "

“ no , not him " we both fell in a silence . I wasn't surprised . I knew she would find out sooner or later  , she can  sense emotions after all .

“ what about that man ? "

“ now Damian , listen carefully the truth is I didn't want to go to this fair . I wanted to talk to you about your father and the fair was a nice opportunity to talk to you alone . the reason I  wanted to talk to you alone is to know , why haven't you already told that man that you're his son ? "

I shrugged “ it wasn't important "

“ it wasn't important ! ? Damian that man is your father . the father who didn't stop looking for you even though every one told him to ! And you're saying that this isn't important ! " it was rare for raven to yell but I kept my face emotionless

“ at least tell him that you're the son that he's looking for , so that he can stop looking  " she said

“ do you think that he'll let me go once he knows that I'm his son  "

“ maybe he will let you go , maybe he won't but  he  has every right to stop you if he dosent want to let you go " I grintted my teeth .

“ no he doesn't have any right to stop me . he didn't even knew I existed until mother decided to tell him "

“ but he still searched for you for five years and still is for a child he never met "

“ he's doing it because he's feeling bad that he didn't knew about me "

“ but he still is searching " I didn't speak . I had nothing to say .  after a few minutes raven  sighed . she placed her hand on top of mine and asked

“ what's the real reason Damian ? "

“ the real reason ?! The real reason is that I  don't want to waste my life after a person who just doesn't care about me and only started looking for me because he was feeling guilty !    "

“ at least he's feeling guilty and looking for you !  "

“ why is he looking for me !? I clearly don't want him in my life ! Its the damn reason I ran ! "

“ because he's  your father !  "

“ HES NOT MY FATHER " there was silence between both of us . I was panting heavily and raven was shocked at my outburst ,then I spoke

“ I already wasted my childhood after that man and I'm not wasting any more " I said turning away from her and began to walk away

“ wait ! "I stopped as raven grabbed my arm and turned me to face her
“ what do you mean by that ? "

I sighed and looked at the already set sun . it was dark now .

“ when I was small " I said while sitting on a bench , raven followed me
“ I used to dream about meeting  him . I used to beg death to tell me about that man and he would tell me some tales . I was obsessed with the idea of him Coming and saving me from this place , from these people .......... But he wasn't the one to come and save me , death was . he wasn't the one to sing me lullabies  , he wasn't the one to hug me as I cried , he wasn't the one to help me in my studies or in my training , he wasn't the one to protect me , death was . I didn't realize this until one day after another one of escape attempts , my tutors made me sit in a room filled with screens  and watch my father spend time with his children . he was smiling , laughing , spending time with his other children , living his life without having  a clue  that he has a son on the other side of earth . I kept watching Till death killed all the tutors , came inside and pulled me in a hug ......... I was heart broken . I knew it wasn't the mans fault but it hurt and right in that moment I realized that the father I was looking for was right beside me , holding me as I cried , the one who loved me selflessly and was always there for me    " I stopped talking and stared at the ground . after a minute I felt raven pulling me into a hug  . we both sat like that for a moment before we said our goodbyes and we both teleported back to our respected places , her back to titans tower And i back to the manor .

When I teleported to room , I saw death there looking through the scrolls he got

“ oh , you're back little human . Where did you go ? I was waiting for you for hours " he said looking at me .

“ look what I got for you ! There are many scrolls here related to exorcisms , different types  of spirits that are left in this world and how to deal- " he was cut short and I wrapped my arms around him tightly

“ are you okay , little human ? "

“ yes , I'm okay  "

“ did something bad happen ? Did someone upset you ? If thats the case who upsetted you , give me the description or the name I'll deal
with -"

“ no nothing happened , I'm just glad your here with me "