Ch-1: Escape

━━┄°༺ Herca ༻°┄━━

Six months later...

Lisa's POV:

Six months it is..... from the day, I ran away.....

Six months away from the toxic world......

Six months away from hell......

Six months away from my cries......

And six months away from him......

It is snowy midnight and I haven't slept yet. It is always like this. These thoughts never let me sleep at night. I always think about the day I ran away from the palace.

I struggled a lot to escape. Hiding from the soldiers, making a fake identity to cross the city border, selling my precious items to get some money, I did everything to escape. I never rested in one town for more than three days. I moved from one town to another town to not get caught.

I walked miles and miles and reached a town called Herca, which is near the country's border. 

It looked like a ghosted town. The land is dry as a bone. When it's summer, it's too scorching hot, and when it is winter, it is extremely cold. There is no in-between. There is no vegetation as the amount of rainfall is very less. Everything is dry and lifeless. No officials from the kingdom were found to look after this place. In one sentence, this place is fucked up.

I finally found a place where I can start my new life peacefully.

This town is abandoned for years. There is a police station but no officer present. There is a school but no teachers. There is a hospital with no doctor present. There is no transport available

But people here live with a hope that one day their town will see the light.

It didn't take much time for me to find a place to live.  People here are so warm and accepted me. As there were no officials and no funds from the capital, people themselves elected the head of the town. They hold social meetings to punish the sinners and children go to another town to study. They struggle for surviving and cherish their land. 

Having a little knowledge of herbal medication, I assisted them as a nurse. And that's how I found a way to survive.  I became a person who is respected by the people in the town.

I'm getting my old self back, who has no fear to question anyone. It's quite peaceful and happy here. But...

'But... Why can't I forget you Jungkook?'

It's a political marriage where there is no love needed. It's not like we love each other. we hate each other to the core. Then why my mind is always thinking about you?

No matter how hard I try to drift away from your thoughts, I always think about you. Why is it like this Jungkook? Even now, my heart is beating faster when I think about you.

I put my hand on my heart, soothing it to calm down. Why is my heart beating faster?

maybe, It's cause I---" Lisa."

My train of thoughts stopped when someone called my name. I turned to look who called me.

It's Sehun Oppa standing in front of my house and calling me in the middle of the night.

I went to open the door, letting him enter my house.

"What is it Sehun Oppa?"

"Lisa, Emergency. I know today is not your turn to night shift but, please come to the hospital. There is a person who is full of blood lying lifeless. Only you know how to treat it. Please come and help me."