Beware. I am geeking out

OKAY. SO. I JUST FINISHED WATCHING ALL SIX EPISODES OF 'TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON CHAPTER 1: SIEGE.'

SEVERAL THOUGHTS.

FIRST OF ALL.
I ain't mad. Rooster Teeth did a good job. I am fairly impressed.
The animation was good. I was a little disappointed in the lack of actual transformation sequences, but i understand how demanding those effects are in 3D animation and that there probably wasn't time nor budget to add more. Plus chapter one seemed to focus more on the actual storytelling WHICH IS GOOD. MOST OF THE TIME TRANSFORMERS SHOWS COMPLETELY SKIP THAT OR DO IT POORLY.

SECOND. DESIGNS:

They ACTUALLY followed og G1 designs. So. THANK YOUUUU. BUMBLEBEE LOOKS LIKE BUMBLEBEE. ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME.

G1 Bumblebee approves of this message

The only real flaw I saw with the designs was Soundblaster. HOWEVER. They seemed to be leaning more towards the comics storyline than the g1 tv show storyline. Plus they mentioned a part of his backstory which makes more sense as-to the general direction of the designs and story. Now I'm not sure how accurate that is even to the comics as I haven't gotten very far in them yet- I'm still slowly chipping away at them in the IDW collection order which is their recommended reading order. (Im trying to avoid spoilers so I'll leave it at that.)

Aaand g1 megatron transformed into a gun, not a tank. Even in the comics i dont recall him transforming into a tank. (Like i said i havent gotten that far in the comics yet so idk if that changes or not.)

ASIDE FROM THAT THE DESIGNS ARE GREAT

YOU CAN INSTANTLY TELL WHO IS WHO BY LOOKING AT THEM (if you're even remotely familiar with the og designs anyways) AND THAT IS GOOD.

Moving on.

VOICES.
Okay. I'm aware I'm being super picky and Most people wouldn't see this part as being important. But when you think optimus prime, you should instantly hear Peter Cullen's inspirational heroic voice just echoing through your bones. And Megatron you should hear the maniacally raspy, spine chilling growl of the ruthless deception leader. If you don't then idk what to say to you.
They didn't use the original voice cast, which is completely understandable. Several of the og cast are dead, and the rest are getting old. I wish they could live forever and continue playing my favourite characters until I die, but that's not going to happen and I know that.
Now, they did a REALLY GOOD JOB capturing the essence and personality of each character from the of show. Most people wouldn't even be able to tell that its not the original cast. Hell, there were even a few times when I almost forgot that Frank Welker and Peter Cullen WERENT voicing Megs and Prime. The actors were phenomenal.

The only character I think they could have done better on was Starscream. (And maybe arcee. But now I'm just being super picky. Keep in mind i literally hear these voices in my head when I see the characters.) They somehow managed to make him sound even more whiny and obnoxious than OG Screamer. Which shouldn't even be possible, but they did it.
Now OG Starscream is HARD to copy. I mean he's the perfect annoying combination of Shrill, Grading, menacing, mischievous, whiny, feminine, and twisted badass all crammed into one voice. The only person who will ever truly be able to pull that character off is Christopher Collins.