ii. resistance undercover

🔥
𝙍𝙀𝙎𝙄𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙉𝘾𝙀 𝙐𝙉𝘿𝙀𝙍𝘾𝙊𝙑𝙀𝙍 !

🔥𝙍𝙀𝙎𝙄𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙉𝘾𝙀 𝙐𝙉𝘿𝙀𝙍𝘾𝙊𝙑𝙀𝙍 !

»»————- ★ ————-««

THE MAN STARED DOWN on Eris, his eyes unblinking and his grip tightening on her collar. She stared back in the same manner, but found his gaze to be far less threatening than he probably intended for it to be.

"I asked you a question," he then said sternly. "So I expect you to answer it."

"Nothing," she replied nonchalantly.

"Doesn't look like nothing."

Part of Eris thought that she could make a run for it, but somehow the hooded man seemed like he'd be a lot faster than her. She wasn't going to chance it; she was going to play it cool.

"I'll give you credit for getting your hand into my bag," he then said. "Usually nobody even gets close enough even to be at arms length. Mind you, there's nothing interesting in there. You're good for a thief."

"Thank you?" Eris uttered, puzzled. "But you're pretty terrible if you didn't notice me sooner. Shoddy, really."

"Come with me," he demanded, removing his hands from her collar and grabbing her sleeve instead. Eris had no choice but to be dragged through the crowds, outside into the rain, and down a sheltered alleyway.

The hooded man pushed her against the wall, cornering her so there was no escape, and asked in a hushed voice, "Are you First Order?"

"No!" Eris exclaimed agitatedly, trying to ignore the ache in her back. "Are you mad? Even if I was I wouldn't tell you. Besides, I'm sure you'll never find anyone in the First Order as pretty as me."

He smirked. He actually smirked. Eris was certain he was just going to glare at her the whole time. She still wasn't happy that he'd been so rough. As if there was any need!

"Okay then, pretty girl, what's your name?"

"Eris. Eris Halcard. And you, stranger?"

"Axel Claermoore."

"Well, Axel, thank you for not killing me. You know, I've always dreamed of meeting a Resistance member. My eight year old self would be screaming right now."

He blinked. "How did you know I was Resistance?"

"Well, I'm not just a pretty face. I'm pretty smart, too! You know, the only reason anyone would ask someone else if they're First Order is it they were fighting the First Order. Besides, I saw the Resistance symbol on the inside of your bag's flap. Subtle."